Yay, its finally hitting 80 deg F in Seattle today.. Oops.. I think its going to be lower tomorrow again.. meh
But thats seattle.. I like the 70s, just the right amount of heat and cool air without burning u up!
Heres another cool fruit drink combination that I tried the other day. A little beet in the usual Mango cooler! This cooler keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days without any change in taste. I like these cooked fruit drinks esp for the mornings, when I am short on time to make fresh juices or smoothies!
- In a pressure cooker or a deep pan, add beet, peeled chopped mango, mint leaves, salt, sugar, rock salt or lemon juice, cumin powder, and water enough to cover the fruit.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle, or boil for 15-20 minutes until mango is soft and cooked.
- Blend the mixture when cool and adjust salt, sugar and rock salt(rock salt adds a nice sour taste).
- Add more or less water according to preference. For super hot days, add more chilled water to get a watery version… quick rehydration! Keep it thick and smoothie like for a filling breakfast!
- Serve chilled topped with fresh mint leaves! Or add a splash of your favorite liquor !
- Wish you all a Happy Summer!. Stay safe and dont leave your pets in the car! They are better off at home than getting roasted in a 140 deg F car!