2017 Q1 is packed and done and I am ready for q2 to move on quickly so I can head into sunshine and some break. New Posts, Updates, Book work made up q1. I added some new categories like Instant Pot and One pot meals and tagged the Recipes that now have Videos. Posts on the blog will keep getting updated with the categories over the next few weeks. The coming few months like this first quarter, are going to be shuffling a lot of the Book 2 work and the blog work. You might see more lag times in responding to comments on social media. Ping me again on more responsive options as facebook or email.
Here are all the Recipes/Posts from the first quarter. If you make any of these, please do leave me a comment about how it turned out, how you served it, suggestions or changes if any that worked well. Your comments help me learn on the job!
What were your favorite recipes so far from 2017? What were a bit out of the comfort zone 🙂 ?. I know I would do the General Tso’s Sandwih differently. For Easter Recipe, see here. Scroll below to read about what other things we are working on this year.
- 8 Spice Veggie Stir fry – Vegetable Masala Subzi
- Sticky Ginger Sesame Tofu and Veggies
- Blender Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Ziti with Chipotle Lentil Tomato Sauce
- What to cook this March – 30 Seasonal Recipes
- Spiced Cauliflower and Tofu in Green Masala Sauce
- Vegan General Tso’s Tofu Sandwich
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls with Tanzhong starter
- Instant Pot Masala Eggplant Curry
- Ethiopian Berbere Chickpea Pizza with Tahini Garlic Dressing
- Garlicky Korean Mac and Cheese with Gochujang
- Vegan Tiramisu Fudge Bars
- Veg Kolhapuri Recipe – Veggies in Sesame Coconut Tomato Sauce
- 18 Vegan Chocolate Dessert Recipes for Valentines Day
- Tofu Matar Masala – Tofu Peas in Blender Masala Sauce
- Vegan Banana Bread with Toasted Walnuts and Coconut
- Turmeric Miso Soup With Ginger, Garlic and Tofu
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes and Cauliflower with Jamaican Curry Spices
- Bhuna Masala Sauce – 30 minute 1 pot
- 40 Vegan Party Food Recipes
- Vegan Boston Cream Pie Pudding
- Broccoli Stir fry with Indian Spices – Broccoli Sabji
- Vegan Pizza Dip with Vegan Mozzarella Cream & Herbed Mushrooms
- Pinto Bean Fajita Tacos with Cilantro Chile Lime Marinade
- Golden Milk Chia Pudding with Orange & Ginger
- Tofu and Brown Rice Noodles in Hoisin Sauce
- Turmeric Lentil Fritters Tomato Bowl with Tahini Dill Sauce
Whats in store for q2 and the rest of the year… This year we are trying to organize and plan better (I see hubbs smiling), focus on the book 2 (conversations on other topics somehow end up meandering onto the amount of work that is still left), on videos for recipes, Easy simple options along with the creative ways to use legumes, greens, and veggies, and focusing on Plastics, on how to use less of.
Some mind boggling numbers below
- Every square mile of ocean contains about 46,000 pieces of floating plastic. Plastic debris acts like a sponge for toxic chemicals, soaking up a million fold greater concentration (than surrounding water) Plastic bags can take up to 1,000 years to break down, so even when an animal dies and decays after ingesting a bag, the plastic re-enters the environment, posing a continuing threat to wildlife. (Worldwatch Institute)
- At least 267 different species are known to have suffered from entanglement or ingestion of plastic marine debris.
- Each year, 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide. That’s nearly two million plastic bags used per minute. 100 billion plastic grocery bags are thrown away in the US per year.
- In the U.S., we use 500 million straws a day.
- About 191 million barrels of hydrocarbon gas liquids were used to make plastic in the U.S. in 2010.
- There is now six times more plastic debris in parts of the North Pacific Ocean than zooplankton
- The production of plastic uses around eight percent of the world’s oil production
- 4.7 billion toothbrushes are used and discarded every year
- 1 million sea birds and 100,000 marine mammals are killed annually from plastic in our oceans.
What can we do
- Reduce or use alternate options – Brushes (Brush with Bamboo). Paper wrapped soaps, Bulk Bins, Tote bars for grocery shopping, If you find reyclable or glass jar tooth pastes, shampoos, creams etc, please add them in the comments.
- Reuse- Reuse clothes (10.5 million tons of clothing, clothes ends up in landfills), Reuse glass containers, Reuse tote bags, Reuse Mugs, Carry youwn own water bottle, steel or glass straws or no straws!, compostable cutlery and plates.
- Refuse excess packaging and choose recyclable options.
Do post about any plastic item(hairbrushes, toothpaste, house cleaning, cosmetics etc etc) specific options and solutions in the comments. Here is an infographic on Plastics from Visual.ly
Informative article and i read many of your posts in website. Hope you will add more such kind of articles
Vegan Richa Support
Thank you!!! Sure will =)
This Is really Appreciable! You guys Made it well. Keep Going 🙂
Vegan Richa Support
thank you, John
That turmeric miso soup saved my life when I was sick! That one will be a part of my family’s recipe collection for years to come. Looking forward to pre-ordering your new book this week! Thank you for including gluten free options in your recipes. 🙂
Awesome! We’ve been making versions of that one all of last month with some or other other bug going around. So glad it worked for you!
Curious. How would you do the tofu General Tsao differently. I want to make it this week!
Maybe serve it over rice or noodles, since some people were put off by it in a sandwich. the baked general tsos tofu slices are great any which way.