There are 100s of things to do with Potatoes apart from the usual fries!.. esp in Indian cuisine. Toss them with any regional spices, cook in pan, bake, boil, mash..add them to curries, puree them to make curries, stuff in flat breads and more.. the Potato is one thing I cannot live without!
Hope you all are having a great weekend! Mofo Post 14.. the bowl is hand made.. by yours truly.!
We had some Gobi Aloo(Cauliflower potato) with Whole red lentil and Mung Bean Dahl yesterday and some Yellow Lentil soup and Potato and green onions today. Lots of indian food with mom and dad! Have a great weekend!
Some of my all time favorite potato recipes posted earlier....
More potato recipes here
- In a medium deep pan, add the oil and heat on medium heat for a minute.
- Add in the mustard seeds and let them start to sputter.
- Add in the fennel and coriander seeds and mix well for a few seconds.
- Add in the garlic and chili and cook for a minute.
- Add in the potatoes and salt and mix well to coat spices.
- Cook covered for 15-20 minutes on low heat until potatoes are well done. Stir once in between.
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves! Serve as part of meal with any lentil curry(Daal), or beans curry, or other soups/stews, Indian flat bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle.(my current favorite is the punjabi raw mango pickle) Happy Potato day!
These simple potatoes are heading to Ricki's Wellness weekend.