The labor day weekend flew by, with drives to gorgeous blue lakes, visits, house search and more. And then Tuesday hit with my machine conking off! My resident dell’s windows explorer started crashing and it just became impossible to work on. So all of Tuesday went in trying to back up everything and getting some minial things to work on it. We did pick up a Macbook Pro(a long delayed gift by hubbs), but as luck would have it, the newer wider rgb gamut on the retina display, leaves the pictures looking hyper saturated/distorted/unnatural and with a fluorescent hue. I encountered the same problem with the Samsung 9 with intel 4000 chip. If someone knows about the problem with these newer displays and chip sets, please point me in the right direction to fix it or find another machine. Help!
Recipe by Richa Hingle
Vegan, Glutenfree, soy, nut, corn free recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes , Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium beet roots, chopped
- 1/2 cup beet greens and stems, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic canola or virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/3 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- variations: add 1 clove of garlic with the red chilies
- In a medium pan, add oil and heat on medium.
- When hot, add the mustard and cumin seeds. Let them start to crackle.
- Break open the red chillies and add and mix for a few seconds.
- Add in the beet, beet greens, stems, salt and mix for a few seconds.
- Add the water, mix, cover and cook on low heat until beet is tender. 25-30 minutes.
- Stir every 7-8 minutes.
- Top with coconut flakes or cilantro. Serve hot or cold with salad or hot as a side with Roti, daal, rice.