Fudgy Milk Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Almonds. Vegan glutenfree recipe

Hubbs is on his 3 week home vacation! So this month is going to be all short and sweet posts, some with approximate measurements. Like todays post.:). Usually my approximations are pretty close to the real measurement.
As we all know, till about a year back, I was not fond of chocolate. The only chocolate I ate while growing up occasionally was milk chocolate. You couldnt get me to eat dark bitter chocolate any which way. My sister was a chocolate fan, again only soft milk chocolate though. And she was also the reason behind the occasional availability of chocolate at our home. (Chocolate was a pricey bribe item used to get kids to do stuff back then ;))
Of course, this year I have been on a Chocolate roll , esp dark delicious good chocolate. But this creation is dedicated to my lil sister. A milky soft chocolate creation.

Vegan Richa: Fudgy Chocolate Bark with Cranberries

This fudgy chocolate bark melts in your mouth like a silky delicious smooth ummmmmm. It is insane I tell ya. The cocoa butter and coconut cream, makes it so fudgy and soft, that the bark will start to melt lightly in your hands if you hold it too long. One more reason to put the whole piece in your mouth and not be able to speak for the next 5 minutes or lick your finger later ;)  You can make it into thick fudge squares too.

You can get pure food grade Cocoa butter on Amazon or health food stores like Iherb.com

Happy holidays!
Some other deliciously bark good options

Kris’s Dark chocolate super food bark sweetened with dates
White Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Orange zest  - Use Maple/agave or Vegan Bee-free Honee instead of Honey in this recipe.

mmmmmm

mmm.. Sorrrryyy, cannot speak with my mouth shut.

Fudgy Chocolate Bark with dried Cranberries and Almonds

Allergy Information: Gluten, soy, corn, yeast, dairy, egg free. Can be made nut free
Makes about a 8 by 10 inch  1/4 inch thick bark

Ingredients: These are rough estimates but good ones.:)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used whole foods vegan chips)
1/2 – 3/4 cup pure Cocoa butter(more the merrier)
1/4 cup So Delicious Coconut creamer ( or cream from full fat coconut milk)
3 Tablespoons finely ground raw sugar ( or date paste of 4-5 dates or maple syrup)
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (more for darker or less/omit for lighter)
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder(optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Toppings: Dried Cranberries, coarsely ground almonds or almond slivers

Variations: Add a Tablespoon or so Liqueur of choice, or rum extract to the chocolate mixture.

Use other chopped nuts(pistachios/cashew/walnut/pecan), sunflower or pumpkin or melon seeds, or  hemp seeds, other dried fruit like goji berries, apricots, blueberries. The possibilities are endless. Or keep the chocolate naked without any toppings.

In a pan on low heat, bring the coconut creamer/coconut milk cream to an almost boil.
(Chill a full fat coconut milk can for a few hours. Scoop the opaque cream from the top and use)
Add the rest of the ingredients and keep mixing for 1-2 minutes continuously till almost everything melts.
Take off heat and whisk for another minute.
Let it cool for 2 minutes, then whisk again for half a minute to get a smooth mixture.
Pour on parchment and spread using a spatula.
Top with dried fruit and nuts of choice.
Chill the refrigerator for half an hour.
Break into pieces and store in airtight container in a cool place. If your counter is going to be warm, then store in the refrigerator.

These insanely delicious bark is being shared at Ricki’s Wellness weekend

Comments

Sometimes I feel like the only person that doesn’t love the super-dark stuff (my fave is WHITE chocolate, actually!)…glad to know I’m not alone!
    This looks yummy. Would be great with dried cherries.

those were the days when milk chocolate and it used to be cadbury’s diary milk brand always as a bribe item. i have to get cocoa butter soon to make these melt in the mouth barks.

woooooo lady. this fudge bark looks spectacular. the texture and taste must be out of this world. and YAY for your husband being home for 3 weeks!!

I’ve never made chocolate bark but now I’m realizing that’s a really sad thing. Looks delicious, lady! And I’m loving the coffee addition.

I feel the same about dark chocolate! This looks so yummy, your photos are gorgeous.
    My favourite flavour combo right now is chocolate with almonds or hazelnuts, cherries and Scotch whisky – I bet this would work great!

Oh my goodness, Annie’s been making me vegan chocolates with coconut oil that I’m bonkers about. Now I need to get that cocoa butter! Richa, this looks so beautiful and incredible! YUM!

Oh wow, those photos are absolutely to-die for! The way you captured that rich texture is simply mouth-watering… I can’t stand the craving for chocolate that’s suddenly come over me now!

It was so remarkable and very valuable, it definitely gives a lot of details.And Buy herbal incense to keep healthy and protected in anything what you eat. It may assist a lot more to a certain person who evaluate out this web page efficiently and Look for at this properly and really need to know what you have researched to know its consumption.

What a beautiful treat! Love your photos! (wish we were neighbours so we’d swap background props ;))

By the way, thanks so much for sharing this recipe at the last Potluck Party – I’ve extended it so it runs through this week also. (you’re welcome to add something new if you wish ;))

Ps. Just wanted to remind you about the FREE recipe eBook I have – hope you grabbed a copy ;)
    xoxo

Happy Holidays!
    Ella

I want to devour that whole pan!!!! I love the addition of the coffee of course:-) I really loved the pictures, they are really fun, and I want some of that rum:-) Hugs, Terra

11. Ilana says

Looks very tempting! How do you measure the cocoa butter? Do you melt it and measure 1/2 cup of the melted cocoa butter, or do you refer to butter shaves? Better yet, do you have weight measurements of it? Thanks!