I was thinking of what to make for the Easter weekend. With many Carrot Cakes, and Pancakes and other carrot desserts on the Interwebz, Carrot Cake Pancakes were stuck in my head. And from earlier trials (Carrot Cake Ice cream), I know I like the carrots roasted to bring out a more intense carrot and spice flavor profile.
These pancakes have a good load of roasted grated carrots. I also added some walnuts to the mixture. You can use more carrots or other nuts or seeds. Make a thick batter, add the carrots and make fat pancakes. The pancakes are super delicious by themselves. Serve them up with maple syrup and a sliver of butter.
I drizzled some thick vanilla yogurt and coconut cream frosting on it. Make a thicker frosting with vegan cream cheese and sugar and even it out for the Quickest Carrot Cake for 2 ever! No baking required.
You can use my multigrain pancake mix or gluten-free pancake mix for the pancakes. The pancakes and frosting are soy-free.
Dont the layers of these Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes look fabulous!
For more Easter Ideas, check out yesterday’s Big Easter round up!
For more pancakes see here.
A new Hazelnut Vegan cheese by Avellana Creamery needs help to start up. check out their Indiegogo campaign here.
There is also going to be a Black Bean Tofu (soy-free) on the market soon!
Also, check out the Living Free campaign in India (living cruelty free). The Day of Living Free on april 12 was a success with the volunteers reaching out to thousands, discussions took place, documentaries were watched and changes made. Sign up for future events here.
Lightly roast the carrots and walnuts.
Make pancake batter. Add the carrot mixture to it.
Mix to combine.
Make pancakes. Use a spoon to shape the thick batter.
Serve the pancakes as is with maple syrup and vegan butter.
Or spread some cream cheese frosting or a yogurt cream frosting. garnish with grated carrots and walnuts.
- 1 loaded cup chopped carrots or 1 loaded cup shredded/grated carrots
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ½ tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp ground raw sugar or any finely ground sweetener
- ¼ tsp each of each of cinnamon, ginger, clove powder
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1¼ cup pancake mix (Use my Multigrain Pancake Mix or my Gluten-free Pancake Mix) I used my multigrain mix.)
- ¼ tsp each of cinnamon, ginger powder
- a generous pinch of clove and nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple.syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup non dairy yogurt (I used So Delicious Vanilla coconut milk yogurt) or vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ cup coconut cream (the thick cream that settles on the top of the can after refrigerating for a few hours) or cashew cream
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
- ¼ cup ground raw sugar or other sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp or more lemon juice
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- Grate the carrots, or pulse in a blender/food processor to a coarse shred. Pulse the walnuts to small pieces. I used my blendtec. (total 1.25 cups of grated carrots and chopped walnuts).
- In a pan, add oil and heat at medium. Add the carrot walnut mixture and roast for 3 minutes. Add the sugar and spices. Mix and cook for another 4 minutes. Reserve a Tbsp of the mixture to top the pancakes.
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients of the pancake mix. Add the spices and mix. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine. Add more water if needed. Keep the batter thicker than usual so it can hold a lot of carrots.
- Add the carrot walnut mixture and mix to combine.
- Make 4-5 pancakes. Heat a pan on medium heat. Drizzle a few drops of oil. when the pan is hot, Spread the batter to form same size circles. The batter will be thicker than usual pancake batter, so use a spoon to shape.
- Cook 4-6 minutes each side.
- Make the frosting: Combine everything under frosting in a bowl. Taste and adjust sour and sugar. Spread a Tablespoon or more frosting between each pancake or use this Date caramel between the pancakes to bring out the sweetness.
- Drizzle the frosting on the stacked pancakes or apply evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the roasted carrot walnut mixture on top and serve.
- Serve pancakes as is with maple syrup, with this yogurt cream frosting, or your favorite cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake Pancakes with Yogurt Coconut Cream frosting
Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, soy, yeast. Can be made gluten-free.
Makes 4-5 pancakes
1 loaded cup chopped carrots or 1 loaded cup shredded/grated carrots
1/2 tsp oil
a generous pinch of clove and nutmeg powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
Add the carrot walnut mixture and mix to combine.
Serve pancakes as is with maple syrup, with this yogurt cream frosting, or your favorite cream cheese frosting.