Before the blog gets run over with Pumpkin and more pumpkin, lets make this Vegan Cookie Dough Pie! Cookie dough crust filled with creamy vanilla coconut milk Ice cream, dark chocolate chips and more cookie dough. Why? Because Cookie Dough Pie 😉
You need to make this!! It is easy! Blend everything for the fillings. Make the Cookie dough in one bowl. 5 main ingredients in the crust. 5 main ingredients in the filling! Ready in just 15 minutes. then freeze and serve! Want to make this high protein? Use this cooked Lentil based High Protein Cookie Dough. Or add some protein powder to the filling.
It took us 5 days to finish this decadent pie. Every night we would take out a slice to share and hubbs would start with, oh this is so good, but I am so full already and still keep eating it. Then I would get a thin slice for myself. The Chia seeds and dates make the filling so creamy and fudgy. The cookie dough crust is you know cookie dough. Cookie Dough Ice cream made into a pie!, so you always get cookie dough with each bite!
This dessert is palm-oil free if you use cocoa butter based chocolate chips or dark chocolate like Theo or cacao nibs. This pie is also nut-free!
If you would love to volunteer, VSPCA needs help maintaining their youtube channel. The volunteer work would involve some editing to make the videos more presentable and interesting, add keywords etc. about 1-2 hours per week. Write to me at [email protected]
This is the dessert to impress. Very Addictive and super quick.
More Cookie Dough Recipes from the blog.
Other Pies to try, This Salted Caramel Pie.
Are you ready for Halloween! Get this free E-book with 10 Halloween Recipes at Abe’s Market! Recipes by Cara, Natalie, Kathy and Me!
Reading this week.. Whats in your perfume.
Steps: Make the cookie dough. Try to not eat it and press it on a greased or parchment lined pie pan.
Blend up the creamy filling, try not to eat it, pour into the cookie dough shell. Add chocolate chips, cacao nibs and if have some cookie dough left,
Freeze for 2 hours, try not to sneak in and eat it all, slice and serve.
- 2¼ cups oat flour (use certified gf if needed, or use any other regular flour)
- a generous pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or ground raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup or more maple syrup
- ⅓ cup or more mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 10 dates or other sweetener
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp oat flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbsp raw sugar or other sweetener (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs or shaved dark chocolate or both
- Soak the dates for the filling in hot water.
- Make the cookie dough crust. In a bowl, add oat flour, sugar, salt and oil and mix well. Add vanilla extract and maple syrup and mix. The dough will come together by pressing and mixing in 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the chocolate chips. Add more flour or maple as needed (sprinkle non dairy milk to help bind if needed). Use your hands to press the dough together if needed. Taste and adjust sweet. Add more sugar or oil to taste to the dough if it is too floury. Press the dough onto parchment lined or greased pie pan.
- Make the filling: Drain and pit the dates and add to blender. Add coconut milk, chia seeds, oat flour, vanilla extract and blend. Blend 2 to 3 cycles. Taste and add more sugar if needed and blend again. Pour the mixture into the cookie dough crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and cacoa nibs. Add small balls of leftover cookie dough(or make another small batch and use). Freeze for 2 hours. Slice and serve.
Vegan Cookie Dough Pie 9 inch pie Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, gluten, yeast, nut. Palm oil free with Theo Chocolate or Raw Cacao Nibs.