Patta Gobi Chole is a stirfry recipe using cabbage and garbanzo beans. This vegan main dish is healthy and full of flavor Jump to Recipe
Patta Gobi chole
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoons (0.5 teaspoons) turmeric powder
- pinch of asofetida
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried red chilli
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 serrano pepper chopped thinly
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 green cabbage chopped
- 16 oz (453.59 g) can garbanzo beans strained
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup (8 g) cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large pan, heat the oil on medium heat till hot.
- Add in the mustard seeds and let sputter.
- Add in the cumin seeds, coriander powder, asofetida and turmeric and let roast for a minute.
- Add in the red chilli, bay leaf, serano pepper, ginger and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the strained garbanzo beans and mix well.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix well again and let cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped cabbage and salt and mix well.
- Cook on medium low heat, covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir it well and check after another 10 minutes if the cabbage is soft enough.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with rotis or naan and a Garlic Papad!