A strawberry orange mini loaf made with fresh pureed strawberries and orange marmalade. So delicious toasted for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
A strawberry orange mini loaf made with fresh pureed strawberries and orange marmalade. So delicious toasted for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee. Vegan Recipe.
- 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- 1/3 cup water
- 7-8 medium organic strawberries pureed
- 2 tablespoons Orange Marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Organic canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add the yeast and sugar to 1/4 cup (60ml) warm water and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- In a blender, puree the strawberries.
- Add in the flax meal, orange marmalade, a tablespoon of hot water to the puree and blend and keep aside.
- In a bowl add the flours, wheat gluten and salt and mix.
- Add in the yeast mixture, oil and fruit puree.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes, scraping sides every 2-3 minutes. add more flour or water in little quantities if needed. As with any fruit bread, the fruit gives out a little extra moisture than a normal bread while the dough sits for the rising time. The dough should be soft and not too sticky.
- Spritz the top of dough with some oil spray. Place dough in a covered container in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
- Punch it lightly and shape into a loaf by pulling on all sides, or by rolling it out into a rectangle and rolling the rectangle from one side and tucking the other edge under.
- Place loaf in greased mini bread pans. Spritz the top with water and then spritz a little oil spray and cover with damp towel.
- Place it in a warm place or warm oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove towel, spritz top with some water and bake at 365 degrees F for 25 minutes. (30 minutes if using making one loaf of all of the dough)
- Remove bread from pan and let cool for an hour.
- I usually refrigerate it for another hour before slicing. The breads are usually quite fluffy and soft and refrigeration makes them a bit firm for nice and clean slices!
- Total time does not include 2.5 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving