This recipe for Spiced Oat Almond Gluten-free Cake is perfect in this parfait. Vegan GF gum-freeJump to Recipe
I whipped up a cake on the day before Valentines day, with oats, rice flour and almonds and was wondering about what to do with it. Since hubbs is used to cakes and cookies every other day. So I made a parfait. Though it didnt look or feel too fancy or elaborate, but it surely won hubbs over 😉
- 6 Tbsps Oats ground
- 4 Tbsps raw Almond ground
- 2 Tbsps brown rice flour
- 3.5 Tbsps raw sugar or equivalent sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each of ginger and cloves powder
- 2 teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 Tbsps water
- 1.5 Tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon flaxmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon beet puree
- 1 Tbsp Oats ground
- In a bowl whisk the oil, water, agave, sugar, vinegar and flaxmeal till well combined.
- In another bowl whisk all the dry ingredients and add to the wet mix.
- Pour the batter in a parchment lined pan.
- Bake all the batter, or keep 2 Tablespoons for the pink top(optional).
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of the mix with 2 teaspoons beet puree and 1 Tablespoons oats flour. Pour this in top of the batter.
- Spread it on the top and bake at preheated 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick from the center comes out almost clean
- Remove cake from pan carefully. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Layer the a piece of the cake that fit into the serving glass.
- Top it with chopped strawberries or fruit of choice, some chopped walnuts or other nuts and dried goji berries.
- Top this layer with plain Coconut milk or other non dairy yogurt. For a more dessert version, add a little agave or raw sugar and spices of choice to the yogurt(I used SoDelicious plain coconut milk yogurt with a little ginger powder, cinnamon and raw sugar mixed in for just a hint of sweet and spice)
- Top this layer with the cake, then fruit, nuts, yogurt and continue layering.
- Dig in and smile!
Nutritional values based on one cake slice