We served this with some simple Mung Bean Dal, flatbread, pickle, onion and cucumber salad.
Want to see more of what we have been gorging on lately with Mom around, check out my Instagram feed.
Mom loves simple Indian Subzi (veggie saute/stir fry) with a whole spice or two. She keeps changing up the spice(fennel, mustard, coriander or caraway seeds) and combines it with other flavors(ginger, garlic, chili etc) to make a variation of the same veggie side. This one can be changed to taste with different spices, tempering and flavor combinations.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 Tablespoons finely chopped or grated ginger
- 1 green chili finely chopped or chili flakes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 head of Cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 3/4 cup chopped Carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- In a large pan, heat on oil on medium high.
- Add cumin seeds and roast until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add ginger and chili and cook for 2-3 minutes until chili is golden.
- Add cauliflower and carrots, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peas, salt, turmeric and mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until cauliflower is tender. 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro.
Nutritional values based on one serving