Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts for 2 with gluten-free Coconut oat crust. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
So I was thinking of making something spectacular, or vegan-izing some difficult to make vegan dishes. I tried a few times to make a vanilla souffle. It never really came out to be a souffle. but it was darn delicious. One of the results almost like a moist pound cake. ha!
I thought of pots de creme. The cream and egg filled baked up in a bath custardy thingamajig. Well, the filling of the cheesecakes will work as is for that. Just blend up, let it chill and serve. 🙂
I baked the tarts to get the gorgeous purple color and a delicious treat for today. Well we actually ate both the tarts yesterday, so I might have to make something today. or pick up an awesome boston cream cake from Violet Sweet Shoppe in Seattle. I got one for a dinner last Monday. Gosh that cake was soo amazing!
If you missed the Valentines day round up. see it here – 25 Vegan Breakfasts (Sweet and savory) and Desserts!
Also this Chocolate Overload round up.
For dinner, make these Harvest chickpea stuffed Portabellas, or this pretty quinoa, orange, jalapeno aioli pizza, or this one with almond feta, shrooms and olives.
Look at that creamy filling!
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp ground raw sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1.5 to 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon or other spices optional
- 1/3 cup firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked for an hour or more
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- 5 juicy strawberries
- 1 tsp oil optional
- 1/2 tsp vinegar I use apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Crust: Mix everything under crust in a bowl. Add enough maple so the dough can stay together. Press in the tart pans.
- Filling: Blend everything under filling. Taste and try to not eat it all. Adjust the salt, sweet and tang (lemon juice) if needed.
Fill the crust wit the filling. Tap to eliminate air pockets. Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake at pre-heated 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325 degrees F / 160ºc and bake for another 15 minutes or until the center is not liquid.
- Chill for atleast an hour. Drizzle melted chocolate and serve with fresh chopped strawberries
nutritional values based on one serving