- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup ground raw sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour ground Oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or other starch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 or more cup Oats
- In a bowl, add the ingredients under wet. mix briskly until well combined. In a bowl, whisk in or sift the flours, baking powder and soda. Add the oats and mix.
- Add the dry to wet and mix to combine. Add more oats if the mixture is too wet. The dough will be sticky, but will set after chilling. Chill the mixture for 15 minutes or longer.
- Using slightly wet or greased hands, take 3 to 4 Tbsp of the dough and shape into somewhat balls, then flatten on parchment lined sheet(wet your hands to flatten if the dough is still sticky). Flatten well as the cookies will rise during baking to make fat cookies. I made medium-large cookies. Wet hands in between for easy handling.
- Press almond slivers, seeds, or granulated sugar on top.
Bake at pre-heated 375 degrees F / 190ºc for 13-15 minutes (depending on the size of the cookies), till the edges are golden and the center is dry. Do not over bake as the cookies will get too crunchy. Let them cool completely as they will continue to cook for a few minutes once out of the oven. Store in an airtight container. Note: You can taste the dough and add more sugar to taste. The cookies get sweeter as they sit. So right out of the oven, warm might taste more nutty and less sweet.
Nutritional values based on one serving