This buffalo chickpea pizza was waiting to be edited and posted. This Pizza is based on the Buffalo chikun Pizza from Pizza Pi in Seattle. The spicy tangy Buffalo sauce, a generous amount of white garlic sauce and celery ranch sauce and oh my, It is so good!
If you have the pizza dough ready, then this Pizza is a breeze to put together too. Mix up the buffalo sauce and chickpeas, make the blender sauces. Layer them all up, Bake and serve. Vegan, palm oil free and soy free! Easily gluten-free with my gf crusts. btw buffalo sauce has nothing to do with the animal Buffalo but everything to do with the location it was created at, Buffalo, NY.
More Pizzas from the blog including this Sriracha BBQ Tofu and Pepper jack Pizza, Jalapeno Popper Pie Deep Dish, Samosa Pizza, Mediterranean with almond feta, Deep Dish Lasagna Pizza and more here.
This Buffalo Chickpea Pizza! Make some today!
Reading this week.
This Vanity Fair Article on Sam Simpson. Diagnosed with terminal cancer two years ago, and given only months to live, Sam Simon is still alive and still racing to spend the fortune he made as co-creator of The Simpsons on causes he loves, whether he is rescuing grizzly bears (and chinchillas and elephants) or funding vegan food banks.
You would think that in this vegan household, hubbs would already know of all the vegan products and options and things. But, he is not a food blogger, nor is he active in the food or vegan social media. That and the fact that I do not particularly like to eat meat subs, so the discussions around them don’t happen much. To get him to notice, it has to be somehow related to tech/business, or end up in his company cafeteria. He remembers Gardein from eating at the cafeteria and not anywhere else.
- use my white garlic crust or esy pizza dough, or any of my gluten free crusts
- 3 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup ground cashew
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 2/3 of the white sauce from above
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp italian herb blend
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 of the white sauce from above
- 1/2 tsp ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Make the pizza dough according to recipe. Use double the pizza dough recipe to make 2 pizzas.
- Make the Buffalo chickpeas: Mix everything under buffalo chickpeas. Mash a few chickpeas and let sit and marinate while you prep the sauce.
- Make the White sauce: Blend all the ingredients under white sauce base until well combined into a smooth sauce.
- Make the White Garlic sauce: Take about a 2/3 part of the white sauce from above and add garlic sauce ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust and mix or blend.
- Make the Celery Ranch: Add the ranch seasoning, celery and vinegar and mix and keep ready.
- Shape the pizza dough to a 10 inch rounds with thick edges so the sauce does not flow off the pizza during baking. Brush olive oil on it. Drizzle enough garlic sauce on the dough to coat. Add spinach or greens or other veggies of choice.
- Layer buffalo chickpeas on the greens. Drizzle some buffalo sauce from the marinade.
Drizzle a generous amount of celery ranch. Add vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (optional). Try any of my cheeses
Bake at pre-heated 425 degrees F / 220ºc for 14 minutes. Broil for a minute to crisp.
- Drizzle any leftover garlic sauce or celery ranch before serving.
Variations: Use other beans, tofu, Tempeh, Seitan or meat subs instead of Chickpeas.
Nutritional values based on one serving