Easy Veggie Vegan Pizza with 20 minute Almost No Knead Crust! Pizza Sauce, Veggies, Mushrooms, Kalamata Olives, Garlic + olive oil for amazing flavor, baked to perfection. Dressed with Vegan Parmesan and fresh basil. The Best Simple Vegan Pizza Dough Soy-free Recipe. Can be Nut-free. Pin this post for later. Jump to Recipe
There are all kinds of Pizza on the blog.. With Buffalo chickpeas & ranch, with Tandoori Tempeh, Mediterranean Pizza, or Samosa Pizza, with regular crusts, focaccia crust, gf crusts, yeast-free crusts, deep dish and many more. 35+ Pizzas with 18 different crusts!
I tend to post creative stuff before the usual, don’t I! So today’s post is all about the basic veggie pizza in all its glory. Simple 20 minute crust, topped with mushrooms, peppers, onion, other veggies like zucchini, chopped garlic tossed in olive oil, and kalamata olives over a simple tomato sauce. Baked to perfection, then sprinkled with vegan parmesan (or use any of my other vegan cheese recipes for mozzarella, cheddar), fresh basil and red pepper flakes. Simple and amazing! The garlic tossed in olive oil cooks faster and does not taste raw. Use roasted garlic for variation. I generally chop the mushrooms and mix them with the garlic, add some oregano and thyme and fennel seeds to use it as veggie crumble. For gluten-free crusts, see here.
I also made a video of the whole process! And it is easy.
Subscribe to my youtube channel
Add toppings of choice, slice and serve.
More Pizzas from the blog
- Pizza with chipotle red lentil tomato sauce and vegan ricotta
- Sriracha BBQ Tofu Pizza with almond milk pepperjack
- Deep dish Black eyed pea Pizza
- Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with celery ranch dressing.
If you make the pizza crust or the whole pizza, do leave me a comment and rating below on how it turned out! Tag me on social media if you share.
Easy Veggie Vegan Pizza with 20 minute Almost No Knead Crust! The Best Pizza with simple Sauce, Veggies, Mushrooms, Kalamata Olives baked to perfection. Dressed with Vegan Parmesan and fresh basil. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. Nut-free with nut-free vegan parm. Easy Vegan Pizza Dough
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup flour unbleached white or a combination of white and whole wheat
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- Red Pizza sauce of choice
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced red onion
- thinly sliced white mushrooms
- sliced zucchini or other sliced veggies of choice
- sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
- vegan parmesan
- Or use any of my other homemade cheeses like cheddar, feta etc
- pepper flakes
- In a bowl, mix warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, herbs and garlic and olive oil and mix in. Add another 3 tbsp flour and mix in. Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough.. Add another tbsp flour if needed. Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Add a 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands. Gather the dough into a ball and place on parchment lined sheet.
Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14 inch size oval. Spread it depending on on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center (see video). Let it sit for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F / 220ºc.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the crust. Distribute the sliced veggies, mushrooms and olives evenly.
- Mix chopped garlic with a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and oregano. Sprinkle over the pizza.
- Sprinkle salt over the veggies. Sprinkle meltable vegan cheese on the veggies if using at this point.
- Bake the pizza for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden on the edges. Sprinkle vegan parm of choice, chopped fresh basil, and pepper flakes. Slice and serve!
Chop the mushrooms and mix with the garlic and olive oil and use. Add some coarsely crushed fennel seeds to the mushroom mixture.
Saute the veggies + other sliced seasonal veggies for a few minutes with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano, then add as toppings.
Crust Tips: The crust will thicken considerably when baked. If it comes out thick and bread like, it was most likely kept too thick during shaping. Keep spreading the crust using hands or a rolling pin to make a thin large pizza. You will get a hang of the thickness you prefer after baking it a couple of times.
Nutritional values based on 1 of 2 serving, does not include additional vegan cheese or toppings.