Easy One Pot Peanut Sauce Fried Rice with Tofu, Carrots, red bell pepper, Cabbage. Use cooked chickpeas or more veggies to make soy-free. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
Its a fridge clean up meal day. Get your veggies, cooked grains, toss them all up in a flavorful peanut sauce, serve! The days we want a flavorful meal but there is small amounts of veggies and things to finish up, we make up variations of this one pot fried rice. Use whichever ingredients you have to make the peanut butter/ almond butter sauce. That looks like a long list, but believe you me, it makes a sauce that packs a punch. Brown the veggies over high heat, add protein of choice and peanut / almond sauce and bring to a boil, add rice or cooked grains, toss, serve with a dash of lemon. You can use leftover peanut sauce as well. Use a 1/4 cup sauce, thin it out with a few Tbsp non dairy milk and toss with veggies and rice over high heat and serve.
We are all sleeping zombies on limited sleep with Chewie going through a really bad cough this week. Thankfully his heart and lungs results came out ok. So its all about cough management so he can rest. The meds make him nauseous, so he has 5 bowls of foods to choose from in both the living and bed room.
More rice and noodle One pot meals
- Thai Basil Fried Rice GF
- Pad thai GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF
- Garlic Vegetable Fried Rice GF
- Tofu Broccoli bok choy and soba noodles with garlic sesame sauce. easily GF
Peanut Sauce Fried Rice with Tofu, Carrots, Red bell pepper, Cabbage
For the peanut sauce:
- 3 to 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter or almond butter I usually use almond butter
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp soy sauce or use coconut aminos to make soy-free
- 1 to 2 tsp lime juice
- zest of ½ a kaffir lime or regular lime
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or asian chili sauce to taste
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) or more cayenne
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 Tbsp or more sugar or other sweetener
- ½ tsp (0.5 tsp) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (56.5 ml) or more coconut milk or other non dairy milk
For the Fried Rice:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (64 g) sliced carrots
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red pepper thinly sliced
- 7 oz (198.45 g) Tofu pressed and cubed or use more veggies or cooked chickpeas
- 3/4 cup (52.5 g) loosely packed chopped cabbage or other veggies like broccoli
- 2.5 cups (395 g) cooked rice or other grains of choice I usually use half brown and half white rice
- salt to taste
- red pepper flakes or cayenne as needed
- lime or lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 cup (4 g) loosely packed chopped cilantro for garnish
- Blend all the ingredients under peanut sauce until smooth. Taste and adjust spice, salt, sweet. Keep aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and a pinch of salt. Toss and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots and bell pepper. Toss well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Tofu and cabbage, toss well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut sauce and mix well. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Add in the cooked rice and salt. Mix well. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Add cayenne or red pepper flakes to taste. If the rice feels too dry, sprinkle in some non dairy milk and mix well. Cover and cook for a minute. Let the rice sit covered for another few minutes.
- Add a good dash of lemon or lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and red pepper flakes or cayenne. Serve hot.