Easy Vegan Lo Mein with Soba Noodles. Ready in 20 minutes. Clean out the fridge Veggie Lo Mein Recipe with Soba Wheat Noodles. Use any noodles of choice. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Easily made gluten-free with buckwheat or other gf noodles. Pin this post.
One pot meals that come together in a jiffy work out really well on a day you forget all about dinner and realize that you have 15 minutes to get things to the table. Technically, this is a 2 pot meal with the noodles boiling in one, and may take 20 to 25 mins. But hey, it is super easy, delicious and cleans out the fridge!
Put your noodles in a large pot to boil and cook. Chop up the veggies. Cook the veggies to preference, add the sauce mixture and the noodles. Toss like a pro, or not and serve. Of course I add a green chile, black pepper and cayenne to amp up the heat. Black pepper adds a great flavor profile too. Adjust the heat to preference. This Veggie Lo mein makes a great light dinner or side. Add some crisped or baked tofu if you like. I use buckwheat wheat soba noodles which are quite filling. Use gluten-free noodles of choice to make this gf.
More quick meals
- One Pot Peanut Sauce Noodles. GF
- Tofu Broccoli Bok choy Stir fry with Garlic Sesame sauce and soba noodles
- Sweet And Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Kung Pao Lentils GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF Soy-free
- 6 to 8 oz vegan soba noodles or Brown rice Pad thai noodles or other similar noodles or pasta
- 3 tbsp soy sauce use certified gf if needed
- 1 to 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 green chile thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cups of veggies like sliced bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, snow peas, julienned carrots, chopped spinach or chard etc.
- salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook the noodles according to instructions. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for the time mentioned on the package.
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, chile, bell peppers and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the broccoli and other veggies if using and a dash of salt and black pepper and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the sauce, cooked noodles to the skillet and mix in. Adjust heat if needed. I usually add a sprinkle of pepper flakes or sriracha and a good dash of freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
nutritional values based on 1 serving
Reading/Watching for the week:
The incredibly sad and tortured life on animals in the circus Industry. Chinese circus training involves hanging bear cubs by the rope on their necks to train them to walk upright, constant deprivation, torture and intimidation. Please do not support any kind of circuses. I can never fathom how it can be fun to watch animals who look scared and scarred, do unnatural acts.