Tabbouleh Pasta Salad. Parsley, tomatoes, fusilli pasta dressed with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon. Fresh Summer Salad. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. Can be made gluten-free with gf pasta. Pin this Recipe.
Tabbouleh or Tabouli is a middle eastern salad made with tomatoes, onion, chopped parsley, mint, bulgur (or couscous) olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. It is generally available in similar forms in middle eastern restaurants as a side or a part of the mezze.
This past week has been very hot in here in the PNW and I have been craving cold things to eat. I made this salad the other day with whole grain fussilli with the rest of the ingredients as a tabbouleh. Cook the pasta. Chop all the veggies and parley. Toss well with freshly sqeezed lemon juice, fresh extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Let chill for a few minutes and serve this hearty Summery Tabbouleh Pasta Salad.
More Salads from the blog
- Chopped cucumber Onion tomato Salad- Kachumber Salad
- Thai Salad with Chickpea Carrot Peanut Crumble
- Firecracker Chickpea Salad with Thai peanut dressing
- Mung Bean Sprout, Seared Carrot Salad with chili lime dressing
- Southwestern Pasta Black Bean Salad.
Pin this Recipe for later. If you make a recipe from the blog, do tag me on Instagram #veganricha or other social media! I love to hear about what you have been cooking and get feedback on the recipes.
- 6 to 8 oz whole grain fusilli
- 2 tomatoes chopped small or 1+ cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced into halfs
- 1/2 small red onion chopped small
- 1 cucumber chopped small
- one bunch fresh parsley finely chopped (1.5 to 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp mint leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or more
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the fusilli according to instructions. Wash in cold water and add to a large bowl.
- Wash the parsley really well. Chop up the tomatoes, onions, parsley and mint and add to the bowl. Toss well.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil, toss well. Chill the salad for atleast an hour (the flavors infuse and improve). Taste and adjust salt and lemon. Add a good pinch of cayenne if you desire. Add a clove of garlic minced and mix in.
nutritional information based on one serving