Thai Salad with Chickpea Carrot Crumble & Garlic Sesame Soy Sauce Dressing. Crunchy Summer Salad with Ginger Chickpea Carrot crumble and garlicky dressing. Use lentils for variation. Add roasted peanut or other nuts. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Pin this post.
I was craving a crunchy salad the other day that was filling with something like chickpea or lentil balls, but wanted it to be simpler. So I made this crumble. The crumble has a ton of flavor that goes well with the crunchy veggies. No need to shape and bake or pan fry. Just use the crumble as is! with crunchy lettuce, cucumber, carrots, peanuts and whatever else, and a garlicky soy dressing to finish it off.
Cooked chickpeas, ginger, carrots and peanuts are pulsed to form a coarse mixture. Add red curry paste or other flavors if you like. Chop up the salad and make the dressing. Assemble and serve! You can also use the chickpea mixture in wraps and tacos. You can toast the mixture in a pan with some sesame oil or bake in the oven to crisp slightly and use as well.
More Salads from the blog
- Chopped cucumber Onion tomato Salad- Kachumber Salad
- Roasted Beet, Satsuma Kale Salad with Almond Sesame Dressing
- Firecracker Chickpea Salad with Thai peanut dressing
- Mung Bean Sprout, Seared Carrot Salad with chili lime dressing
- Southwestern Pasta Black Bean Salad.
- Falafel spice Lentil Salad Sandwich
Prep the chickpea carrot peanut crumble. Make your dressing. chop up the greens, cucumbers, veggies for the Salad.
Toss in as you like and serve immediately.
Thai Salad with Chickpea Carrot Crumble & Garlic Soy Dressing
Chickpea Carrot Crumble:
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup (36.5 g) peanuts or lightly roasted cashews
- 1 cup (164 g) cooked chickpeas
- 1 large carrot or 6-7 baby carrots
- salt to taste 1/4 tsp or more depends on if the chickpeas were salted
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) or more cayenne
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more garlic powder
Garlic Soy Dressing:
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 2 tsp or more rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar or other sweetener
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) toasted sesame oil optional
For the salad:
- Crunchy Lettuce or baby greens
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- Cucumber sliced
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup (8 g) chopped cilantro
- some sliced thai basil optional
- Chopped or sliced apple or pear optional
- Make the chickpea crumble: Pulse the nuts and ginger to break into coarse even mixture, and then add everything else and pulse until crumbly. Taste and adjust salt and spice. You can also add some red curry paste or lemongrass or lime zest into the crumble and mix in..
- Chop the salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing: Mix everything under dressing. Taste and adjust to preference.
- Assemble the salad: Toss the lettuce or greens, cucumbers, carrots, apple, cilantro, basil, a good pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the chickpea carrot crumble. Dress liberally with dressing, toss and serve.
Add in chopped roasted nuts or bean sprouts to the Salad.
Add some red curry paste or minced lemongrass to the chickpea carrot peanut crumble.
Toast the Chickpea mixture in a pan with some sesame oil or bake in the oven to crisp slightly and use. Nutritional values based on one serving