Chipotle Roasted Corn Avocado Toast. Summer corn roasted with Smoked Paprika, Chipotle and black pepper and layered over Avocado Toast. Vegan Avocado Recipe. Pin this post for later.
Avocado Toasts make an appearance in my house occasionally as a snack. Who doesn’t like avocado toast right. Smooth creamy Avocado on a slice of bread or bagel. A great snack for that hunger pang. This smoky corn topped Avocado toast is something you can serve for snack or breakfast. Or make these into appetizers like crostini.
Toast the corn. Add chipotle pepper, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika, toss with onions, cilantro and lemon juice. Top the avocado toast and done! I prefer using corn kernels and roasting them on a skillet rather than roasting the ear of corn. The spices get toasted and smoky that way and add an amazing flavor.
I am not ready to say bye to Summer yet. Gosh the temperature is already dropping and sun sets at 7! Send loads of sunshine my way.
More corn recipes from the blog
- Basil Jalapeno Corn Fritters. GF
- Jamaican Jerk Black Bean, Blackened Corn Salsa Tacos GF
- Masala Bhutta – Indian Roasted Corn on the Cob GF
- Chipotle Corn Chowder GF
Vegan Cookbooks I am digging this month. Jackie Sobon’s Vegan Bowl Attack. This book is not about making grain protein kind of bowl combinations but about great meals that can be served in a bowl. Which is the most fun part as there is a lot of flexibility to play around and create your own combinations. Hearts of Palm Vegan Fish Taco Bowl, buffalo Chickpea mac & cheese bowl and many more. And Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking. Dana has a collection of similar easy recipes in the book as on the blog. Tried and tested flavor combinations and easy on the pantry. Thai Meatballs, sun dried tomato hummus and loads of chickpea recipes.
Listening to this playlist while cooking these days, esp the last song.
Chipotle Roasted Corn Avocado Toast
- 2 small/medium ears of corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp or more smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp or more black pepper
- 1/4 tsp or more salt
- Multigrain bread or ciabatta slices
- 2 ripe avocados mashed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- lime juice or lemon juice to taste
Roast the corn:
- Cut the kernels off the cob. Or use frozen corn kernels. Add to a heavy bottom skillet over high heat. Cook until most of the kernels have browned. Stir occasionally. 6 to 8 minutes. (You can also Grill the ears of corn over a grill or gas flame until grilled to preference. Shuck the grilled corn and toss with the spices.)
- Add the spices to the roasting corn pan and mix well to coat. Cook for a minute or until the spices start to smell roasted.
Prep the toast:
- Toast bread of choice lightly. Add a layer of mashed avocado on the bread. Layer with the smoky roasted corn. Sprinkle chopped onion, cilantro and lime juice and a pinch of salt. Serve!