Vegan Cookie Dough Truffles. Fudgy Cookie Dough balls coated in melted chocolate and topped with coarse sea salt or candied ginger, sprinkles or coconut. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe
Cookie Dough = everything.
Even though you can possibly eat up all the cookie dough any time of the year, I reserve this treat for the holiday season. Super easy, sweet and customizable.
Add whatever toppings of choice like candied ginger, crushed candy cane, crushed ginger snaps, coconut, vegan sprinkles, add some spices to the dough and what not.
A simple Cookie dough with maple and coconut sugar and oat and almond flour. Oat flour and almond flour make a good neutral and textured dough that I like over plain flour dough. But feel free to use other flours. These truffles are based on my very popular Cookie Dough Bars. It is easy to find cocoa butter based vegan chocolate which does not use palm oil. Works out perfectly in terms of melting, setting and flavor.
Melt in your mouth goodness and so easy to whip up! You can shape the mixture into bars or other forms as well, if you can wait long enough that is. Most days, the dough goes from bowl to large spoon to mouth and 5 minutes later there is no trace of what was in the bowl.
Make the cookie dough mixture. Taste and adjust sweet if needed and try to not eat up the whole bowl. Chill, then roll into balls. Coat in melted chocolate, add toppings and chill again. What toppings do you like on you truffles?
If you make these truffles do tag me on social media (Instagram) or comment below. I love to hear your experiences!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil solid or semi, use refined for neutral flavor
- 1 Tbsp almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract use 2 tsp for less intense flavor
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Oat Flour certified gf if needed, or use any mild tasting grain flour/white flour
- 3/4 cup Almond flour/fine Meal
- 2 to 3 tsp fine cane sugar optional
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or 3 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil in microwave or stove top.
- Add non dairy milk, maple, vanilla and mix well. Add in the sugar and mix in. No need for the sugar to combine fully.
- Add salt, 3/4 cup flour, almond flour, fine sugar and mix. Add just enough flour until the mixture is a good stiff batter/soft dough consistency. The dough stiffens more on chilling. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for half an hour. Taste and adjust sweet. Shape into balls. If the mixture is too wet, you can fold in more flour to help shape.
- Melt 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips and 2 tsp coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave (30 second bursts), until smooth and shiny. Dip the cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on the balls on parchment. Coat evenly and place on a parchment lined sheet. Sprinkle coarse sea salt, sprinkles, candied ginger or orange, or other toppings. Chill for in the refrigerator to set. These are best served at room temperature. Let them sit out of the fridge for a few mins before serving.
To bake the cookie dough: make flat discs of the dough. Bake at 350 deg F for 8 to 10 mins.
Nutritional values based on one serving