Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Bars. No Bake Almond Butter or Peanut Butter Fudge. 4 Main ingredients! Nut butter, Coconut butter and maple syrup. Gluten-free Soy-free Vegan Recipe. Pin this for later. Jump to Recipe
Its starting to cool down out here and I keep getting the munchies. I make some variations of this fudge and keep it available in the refrigerator for weeks to satisfy the sweet snack craving with a hot cup of tea.
These simple fudge bars use smooth almond butter, coconut butter and maple syrup. Warm up the coconut butter, then fold in the nut butter of choice and some maple. Mix until smooth and use two thirds of the mixture for the nut butter layer. Add in some chocolate or cocoa powder and make the chocolate layer. If you are up for it, you can make swirls and stuff on the top layer for prettier bars. These no Bake bars are Pb cups in bar form!
I use smooth almond butter for these bars. Use any other nut butter like Peanut butter or cashew butter for variation. These might work well with sunflower seed butter as well. Add flavors as vanilla or more cinnamon to taste. I make the bars without the chocolate layer and add freshly ground cardamom seeds. Its almost a fudgy Almond coconut Indian Burfi!
More snackage from the blog
- Peanut butter or Almond Butter cookies with Pecans
- Mango coconut Fudgy Balls GF
- PB or AB and Chocolate Marble Loaf
- Almond butter Blondies. GF
You can also use coconut oil in the fudge. I find the coconut butter makes the fudge mess melty and messy at room temperature.
Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Bars
- 8 to 10 oz coconut butter or 1 loaded cup
- 1/2 cup (4.41 oz) creamy almond butter or use other smooth nut or seed butter **
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or more
- 1/8 tsp salt
- a good pinch of cinnamon
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) dark chocolate 1/2 theo dark chocolate bar
- Melt the coconut butter over gentle heat (low medium) until completely melted. Stir occasionally. 2 to 4 mins
- Add the nut butter, maple, salt, cinnamon and mix well until smooth. Carefully taste the mixture and adjust sweet is needed.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture in parchment lined pan. (You can refrigerate this layer for 15 mins or more if it is too liquidy to set before adding chocolate layer. The layer might be liquidy with coconut oil and somewhere between liquidy and nut butter consistency depending on the coconut butter).
- Add chocolate to the remaining nut butter mixture and continue to heat for another 30 seconds. Then take off heat. Mix well until the chocolate melts and combines. (You can also use cocoa powder instead and mix into the nut butter mixture)
- Drop over the nut butter layer in the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Chill for atleast an hour. Slice and serve! Store on a cool counter for a few days or refrigerated for weeks.
While you are here, please stop by Save the Abandoned Chimps page to find all the actions we can take together to help the 60+ chimpanzees abandoned on islands in Liberia, Africa by the New York Blood Center (NYBC) after they were no longer needed for invasive experiments. These chimpanzees are left in serious danger of dehydration and starvation.