Turmeric Lentil Fritters Tomato Greens Bowl with Tahini Dill Sauce. Baked Seedy Golden Lentil fritters with greens, tomatoes and a tahini sauce make an easy Lunch bowl. Vegan Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. Easily Glutenfree.
These seedy lentil fritters are amazingly easy. Cook the lentils with turmeric and spices, fold in some spinach or greens, add seeds like chia, flax, sesame or hemp or other of choice, chill, scoop into bite size fritters, bake and done.
The lentils when cooked make a wet mixture, which bakes up perfectly into crisp on the outside Golden fritters, soft and flavorful on the inside. I use a cookie scoop to make the fritters as it takes just 5 minutes without any mess. Tahini dill sauce complements these fritters incredibly well. Some juicy tomatoes and baby greens make this bowl an amazing meal. I eat up those fritters right off the baking sheet with the dill sauce, they are so good! so you might want to double the recipe. You can also make wraps with these life a falafel wrap. Some crunchy lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, fritters and sauce in a warm pita bread.
If you make these. do let me know in the comments how you liked them.
Try these lentil recipes
Cook the onion and garlic. Add spices and lentils and roast for a bit.
Add spinach and fold in.
Add seeds and mix in.
Chill for 15 mins. Add breadcrumbs if needed. Use a scoop to place equal size balls on parchment lined sheet.
Bake, cool and serve over a bowl of greens, tomatoes, cucumbers with tahini dill sauce.
Turmeric Lentil Fritters Tomato Bowl with Tahini Dill Sauce
Seedy Lentil Fritters:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup (80 g) onion
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) ground cardamom
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) or more cayenne
- 1/2 cup (90 g) red lentils masoor dal, washed and drained
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tbsp parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 cup (15 g) packed chopped spinach
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal or more chia seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or use flour, glutenfree breadcrumbs or flour for gf
Tahini Dill Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60 g) tahini
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried dill
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cayenne
- Greens or lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes & cucumbers
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent. 4 to 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Add all the spices and drained lentils. mix and cook for a minute.
- Add salt and water and cook for 11 minutes partially covered. Uncover, fold in spinach and parlsey and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the lentils are cooked and all the liquid is absorbed. The mixture will be soft. Taste and adjust salt and heat.
- Add chia seeds, flax seeds sesame or hemp seeds and mix in. Chill the lentil mixture for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg F / 220ºc. Mix in 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in the lentil mixture. If it is too sticky, add some flour. The mixture will be soft but should get easily shaped into soft balls without too much sticking or squishing.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the lentil mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet. Spray oil on the balls. I usually sprinkle some sesame seeds on the fritters. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Blend everything under tahini sauce. Taste and adjust salt and tang (lemon). For a garlicky dressing mix in 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- Assemble the bowl with greens, juicy tomatoes or cucumbers, and as many Lentil fritters as you like. Drizzle dressing generously.