1 Bowl Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Sunbutter Cookies. Cinnamony Sunflower seed butter Oatmeal Cookies. These Soft Sunbutter Oatmeal Cookies come together really quickly and make a great snack or treat. Refined Sugar free. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Can be Gluten-free. 8 Ingredients.
These Fudgy Soft cookies are a favorite in my house these days. I got a jar of sunbutter to test out a few recipes for the book, to test nut-free options and list them with the recipes. The jar was still 3/4 full and was calling out to me.
I used my Almond butter oatmeal cookies as reference. These cookies come out thick, soft and are hearty cookies to snack or, for breakfast or dessert. Sunbutter can cause the cookies to have green centers as it reacts with baking soda. The lemon juice usually should neutralize it enough. But in case you do get green centers, that is normal and edible. You can see some dark green peaking through in some cookies in the pictures. The cookies need just 1 Bowl.
If you make these Cookies, please do leave a comment and rate the recipe!
More Cookies from the blog
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Oatmeal Walnut chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peanut/Almond butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies with coconut oil
Make the cookie dough and try not to eat it all.
Use a scoop or 1 tbsp measure to pack and place on parchment lined sheet.
Bake then cookie slam so the cookies can flatten and crack a bit. Cool for a few.
- 1/4 cup oil organic safflower or canola
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup smooth sunbutter or use almond butter peanut butter or cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup (scant) cup flour I use Spelt. Oat flour will work as well
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients until smooth. It will take a minute.
- Add oats, 1/2 cup flour and baking soda and mix well. Add flour 1 tbsp at a time to make a loose sticky mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Use a scoop to place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. Cookie slam the sheet once or twice so the cookies settle. Let cool completely. The cookies will be soft just baked, but will harden and set as they cool. Store on the counter for the day and covered for upto 4 days.