These Easy cookies make a great snack. Oats, walnuts, chocolate chunks and chewy goodness!Jump to Recipe
These cookies are a current favorite in the house. The big chocolate chunks give a burst of chocolate. I use enjoy life chocolate chunks that are palm oil free. The oats make these cookies rustic and chewy. The hidden walnuts are a nutty surprise.
Chew away! To make these nut-free, omit the walnuts, and use sunflower seed meal instead of almond meal.
Links this week.
Need some mac and cheese? See these 43 ways of serving Vegan Mac n cheese.
Catch me Chatting away (often nervously) with Brian Patton on his podcast here. The interview starts after about 8 minutes into the podcast.
If someone can mesmerize me with their writing, it is Gena. See her beautiful post about my journey to blogging, veganism and cookbook author, thoughts on the book here and she is also hosting a book Giveaway!
These cookies.. Crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle!
More cookies from the blog.
- Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Ultimate Giant Vegan Chocolate Chip & Chunk Cookie
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-free Ginger Molasses Cookies
Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts. Chill the dough, then shape into cookies. Bake.
Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/4 cup (80.5 g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40 g) coconut sugar or other sugar of choice use 1 tbsp less for less sweet
- 2 Tbsp oil or use applesauce or aquafaba
- 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) flour I use spelt or unbleached white. Use certified gf oat flour to make these gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond meal
- 1 cup (81 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (56.67 g) vegan chocolate chunks
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- In a bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix until sugar is well combined. (powder the sugar in a blender before using if it is granulated to help with quick mixing on this step.)
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and almond meal and add to the wet. Add in the oats and mix until well combined. (add a bit less or more oats depending on the wet mixture. measurements vary and you want the mixture to be soft somewhat sticky). Add in the chocolate chunks and walnuts. Fold in to distribute evenly. The dough will be somewhat sticky. (Add more flour of too wet, or a dash of non dairy milk if too dry). I added 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips as well for some extra chocolate per bite.
- Chill for 15 minutes. Take 2 to 3 tbsp of the dough and make large cookies. Flatten lightly on the sheet. Press the leftover chocolate chunks (there will be few towards the end), into the shaped cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F/ 180ºc. Place baking sheet on the center rack. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving .