Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Bars. Spiced Sweet Potato Pie layered over cinnamony Snickerdoodle crust. Make this into a pie for decadent holiday dessert. Gluten-free option Jump to Recipe
These sweet potato pie bars are easy and great for fall and holidays. They are a great snack or dessert. The crust is a simple cinnamony flour and sugar mix pressed together and prebaked. The crust reminds me of snickerdoodle cookies and works amazingly. The crust is topped with well spiced sweet potato puree. Maple syrup and coconut sugar make up the sweeteners.
These delicious vegan sweet potato pie bars can be served as is or with whipped coconut cream or ice cream. This recipe makes just the right amount to treat before the main event. Double it up and bake into a pie! These can be easily made with pumpkin or other squash puree. Do you like sweet potato or pumpkin in your pies and pie bars?
More holiday treats and desserts
- Pumpkin Pecan Crumb Cake.
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls
- Gluten-free Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls with pumpkin caramel. GF Yeast free
- 1 bowl pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Sweet Potato Blondies. GF
Just a few ingredients in these decadent pie bars. You can use the same 1 Bowl. Mix up the crust and transfer to the pan, then use the same bowl to mix the sweet potato layer!
Make the cinnamon crust mix. Line a pan and drop the mixture into the pan.
Press using your hands until the mixtures sticks. Even it out. Bake for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the sweet potato mixture until well combined. Take the crust out of the oven and spread the sweet potato mixture.
Bake until set. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan. Chill for at least an hour, then slice. Serve as is or with whipped coconut cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
If you try this recipe, so let me know by leaving a comment & rating the recipe! Tag me on Instagram #veganricha!
Sweet Potato Pie Bars with Cinnamony Crust
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) flour , I use unbleached white. Use oat flour or gluten-free blend to make gluten-free
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) cinnamon
- 3.5 tbsp coconut sugar or use any fine grain sugar of choice
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp oil , organic safflower or other neutral
Sweet potato layer:
- 1 1/4 cup (12.35 oz) sweet potato puree , or use pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (2.84 oz) maple syrup
- 5 tsp (2 tbsp) starch , cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice , or use 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, a pinch of cloves
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 1 tbsp oil , organic safflower or other neutral
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment such that the parchment strip is hanging over the edge (see pics). Make the Crust: Add all the ingredients except oil in a bowl and mix well. Add 2 tbsp of oil and mix in with a spoon or your hand. Add more oil a tsp at a time to mix in until the crust starts to stick to make fat crumbs.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan (a stoneware or glass pan works better to keep the crust more shortbread like and reduce overbrowning). Press it down to form a well packed and even crust. Bake for 8 to 10 mins.
- Mix everything under the sweet potato layer until well combined. Pour over the baked crust. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is well set.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes, then gently remove from the pan. Chill for atleast an hour before slicing. Longer chilling time (a few hours) makes for a better set top and much more spiced and buttery flavor profile. Serve as is or with a dollop of vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped coconut cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice.