Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Pecan Crumb. Easy 1 Bowl Pumpkin Cake, topped with Chai Spice Pecan Streusel. Just 15 mins prep. Soft, Spiced, Delicious. Vegan Pumpkin Crumb Cake. Soy-free Recipe. GF option
Fall Baking has begun. Are you ready for things Pumpkin and Squashes! Even if you aren’t this Coffee Cake will put you in the mood. Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cake layer topped with a cardamom cinnamon Coconut Sugar Pecan layer that bakes up to a golden crusty buttery crumb. Ready when you are.
This is a fabulous fall cake. It is soft, pumpkiny, spiced and has a beautiful crumb with pecans. I add a bit of cardamom to the crumb which elevates the flavor even more. You can also bake these into muffins. Pumpkin Pecan Crumb Muffins or a slice for Breakfast. The Pumpkin Cake is adapted from my 1 Bowl Pumpkin Bread and is easy and delicious. The Crumb with the buttery pecans and spices work perfectly with it. Lets get to it.
If you make this cake, do let me know in the comments! And Tag me on Instagram.
To make a gluten-free version, make this GF Sweet Potato Crumb Cake with pumpkin puree.
More Fall Baking
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls
- Gluten-free Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls with pumpkin caramel. GF Yeast free
- 1 bowl pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Latte
Mix all the dry, add pumpkin puree and non dairy milk and mix to make a batter.
Spread the Streusel and bake. Look at the crumb on this pumpkin coffee cake!
Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Pecan Crumb
- 1 1/2 cups (187.5 g) flour (I generally use a mix of Spelt/Wheat and unbleached all purpose)
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered vegan sugar (Use 2 tbsp more for sweeter)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 2 to 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( or 11/2 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ to ⅓ tsp nutmeg, ⅛ tsp cloves)
- 3 to 4 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup (4.09 oz) pureed pumpkin ,not pumpkin pie mix
- ½ cup (122 ml) non dairy milk (almond or soy or lite coconut)
- 3 to 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar , optional
- 1/2 cup (49.5 g) chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cinnamon or chai spice or a mix of cardamom and cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 2.5 tbsp refined coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a brownie pan with parchment. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix to just about combine. Let it sit for 2 minutes, then mix again to ensure there are no dry flour streaks. Pour the thick batter into the brownie pan. Even it out using a spatula.
- Make the Streusel by mixing everything in a bowl with your fingers or a spoon until crumbly, Add a tsp or so more oil if needed.
- Sprinkle all over the cake and evenly spread. Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes. Test with a toothpick from the center.
- Cool completely before slicing. Serve with turmeric pumpkin spice latte.. For a decadent dessert, add a light drizzle of plain sugar icing.