Tuscan Pasta Salad with Lemon Garlic Herb Vinaigrette. Farfalle Pasta Salad with sun dried tomato, cucumber, spinach, vegan feta and Tuscan/Mediterranean flavors. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be nutfree and glutenfree. Jump to Recipe
Hot Soups have been put on the fall burner and pasta salads are making their way to everyday lunches. They are easy, hearty and perfect for the weather. This Tuscan pasta salad is inspired from a version we had at a restaurant. It has simple everyday ingredients and comes together quickly.
Boil the pasta, cool and toss with spinach, sundried tomato, cucumber and the lemon garlic herb dressing. Add in some vegan feta or vegan cream cheese to finish and some freshly ground black pepper. The lemon vinaigrette is amazing! You will want to make a double batch to add to many other salad bowls. A good quality olive oil takes it to another level.
Add artichokes, olives, fresh cherry tomatoes, or chickpeas for variation. Simple, Everyday ingredients, Summery!
More Summer Bowls from the blog
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Spanish Rice, Taco Spice Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- BBQ Tofu and Veggie Bowl. GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
- Sour Cream Roasted Potato Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl
Tips to make a great Summer Pasta Salad
- Make the salad ahead of time and store without the dressing to keep the greens fresh. The salad will be fine for a few hours. Overnight dressing will wilt the greens a bit too much.
- Add some chickpeas or baked tofu to make a hearty meal
- Use pasta of choice or cooked large grains to make it gluten-free.
If you make this recipe, do let me know in the comments how it turned out.
Tuscan Pasta Salad with Lemon Garlic Herb Vinaigrette. Farfalle Pasta Salad with sun dried tomato, cucumber, spinach, vegan feta and Tuscan/Mediterranean flavors. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be nutfree and glutenfree.
- 8 oz farfalle , or other pasta
- 4 oz baby spinach or other greens, about 2 cups packed
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomato (oil packed)
- 1 small cucumber peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup vegan feta
- or vegan cream cheese ( I like Kite hill almond plain)
- fresh parsley , black pepper, vegan parm (optional) for garnish
- other add ins: roasted zucchini or seasonal veggies , chopped artichoke hearts, olives
- 1 large clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp or more black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or parsley
- 3 tbsp really good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp or more lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cook the pasta according to instruction on the package. Rinse in cold water to cool compleltely and add to a large bowl. Combine the rest of the salad ingredients except feta.
Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. (variation: Replace some of the lemon juice with red wine vinegar).
Drizzle and mix the dressing with the salad when ready to serve. Toss well to coat all the greens. Add feta towards the end while tossing. Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme, black pepper and vegan parm(optional). Let sit for 5 mins and serve.
Add chickpeas, artichoke hearts, or baked tofu (with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, oil) for variation.
Nutrition is for 1 serve