More cookies from the blog
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies. Soft shortbread like cookie dough dusted with cinnamon sugar, rolled, sliced and baked for delicious cinnamon roll bites. Refined Oil-free Vegan Recipe.
- 2 tbsp smooth cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup flour (I use unbleached all purpose)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon , or use other blends suh a pumpkin pie spice, chai spice etc
- oil spray or water spray as needed
- In a bowl, add the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. (let sit at room temp for 10 mins so the nut butter warms and mixes easily).
Add the rest of the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Start with 3/4 cup flour and add a tbsp more at a time.
Let the mixture sit for 10 mins. If still sticky, add a tbsp more flour. The dough should be smooth and not too dry and not sticky. Roll it out using some flour into a 2mm thin large rectangle.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined. Spray water or oil on the rolled out dough. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture. Roll the dough into a tight log and seal the edge with water.
Let the log chill for 15 to 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 335 deg F (168 C)
Slice and bake for 12 mins. Cool completely. Add a sugar icing if you like. Store covered on the counter for upto 3 days, refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.
To make these nutfree, use sunbutter and sunflower seed meal.
I havent tried these gluten-free. A gluten-free blend should work. Keep the dough moist so it doesnt break apart while rolling.
Nutrition is for 1 cookie