More cookies from the blog
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies - Oilfree
- 2 tbsp smooth cashew butter
- 1/3 cup (0.02 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour
- 3/4 cup (93.75 g) flour (I use unbleached all purpose)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 2-3 tbsp (2 tbsp) brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon , or use other blends suh a pumpkin pie spice, chai spice etc
- (NaN ) oil spray or water spray as needed
- In a bowl, add the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. (let sit at room temp for 10 mins so the nut butter warms and mixes easily).
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Start with 3/4 cup flour and add a tbsp more at a time.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 mins. If still sticky, add a tbsp more flour. The dough should be smooth and not too dry and not sticky. Roll it out using some flour into a 2mm thin large rectangle.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined. Spray water or oil on the rolled out dough. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture. Roll the dough into a tight log and seal the edge with water.
- Let the log chill for 15 to 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 335 deg F (168 C)
- Slice and bake for 12 mins. Cool completely. Add a sugar icing if you like. Store covered on the counter for upto 3 days, refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.