Adraki Gobi aloo is a tasty dish full of flavor. Cauliflower and potato is stir fried with ginger for an easy meal. Serve with naan or roti Jump to Recipe
Adraki Gobi aloo (cauliflower potato stirfried with ginger)
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium cauliflower 2+ cups
- 2 medium white potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 1 Serrano chili pepper or to taste
- 2 inch ginger chopped use less if you dont like ginger
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) turmeric haldi
- pinch of asafetida hing
- salt to taste 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup (8 g) cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- In a pan, add oil and heat it at medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in cumin seeds and wait until they start sputtering.
- Add in the asafetida(hing), coriander powder and turmeric and mix well.
- Add in the chopped ginger, garlic and serrano pepper and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes chopped into small pieces and mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and chop some of the bigger florets to form smaller pieces.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and salt and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 15-20 minutes stirring every 4-5 minutes.
- Potatoes should be soft when done.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with rotis or Naan.