Baked Apple Cider Donuts. These Cider donuts have amazing spiced flavor with concentrated cider. Perfect for fall. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Nutfree Refined Sugar-Free Oilfree Glutenfree option Jump to Recipe
These Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for fall or any time of the year for that matter. The key to all the fall flavor is reducing the cider! Apple Cider gets cooked for a bit to concentrate all that amazing flavor of apples and spices. Concentrated cider, flour, more spices all baked into a flavorful spiced donut! Toss in cinnamon sugar or drizzle icing of choice. These will be a hit with everyone. 15 mins of Active time, no refined sugar!
The donut batter does not use yeast, so it can also be baked into regular size muffins or mini muffins as well. Add some finely chopped apples to the batter, top with a streusel and they are ready for to go breakfast. Lets make these!
More Donuts and Muffins
- Pumpkin Donuts – yeasted
- Spiced Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Cinnamon sugar SF
- Gluten-free Lemon Donuts
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Classic Donuts.
- Banana Bread Donuts
The batter also makes fantastic muffins. The concentrated cider adds a ton more flavor than regular cider. It also makes the donuts slightly dense, which means even more packed flavor!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts Vegan
- 1.5 cups (354 ml) + 2 tbsp apple cider (not vinegar, but the fermented apple drink)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar (coconut sugar, date sugar, regular or use maple syrup), 1/3 cup for sweeter
- 1 cup (125 g) flour (I use a mix of 1/4 cup whole wheat and 3/4 cup all purpose), see note for gluten-free
- 1 tbsp almond flour , or use more flour
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) cardamom or nutmeg
- dash of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1 tbsp oil or applesauce (or both for extra moisture when using whole grain flours)
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F(180 C). Grease a donut pan or line muffin pan. Cook 1.5 cups cider and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat for 20 to 25 mins to reduce to a scant 1 cup. Cool the cider to room temp. (cooling will reduce the cider further to about 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp)
- In a bowl, mix the rest the dry ingredients. Add the concentrated cider and oil/applesauce. Mix well to combine. If the batter is too thick, mix in non dairy milk 1 tbsp at a time until it is just a bit flowy to be able to spoon it in. If the batter is too thin, add in 1-2 tbsp flour
- Immediately spoon the batter into the donut pan or muffin pan. Even out the batter for even shape for donuts.
- Bake for 11-12 mins for donuts or mini muffins, 20-22 mins for regular muffins. Cool for 5 mins, then release from the pan.
- Mix the cinnamon sugar into a ziplock.(or add to a shallow bowl)
- Cool the donuts for another 5 mins. Brush donuts with the non dairy milk or cider, or use oil/melted vegan butter. Add to the ziplock and shake, or dip in the sugar mixture.