Vegan Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar. Soft, Spiced, Amazing. Vegan Doughnuts. Pumpkin Cinnamon sugar Donuts. Nut-free option. Gluten-free option
Jump to Recipe
One more before I head off to a small break. These easy Pumpkin donuts are quick to put together and bake up beautifully. Make the batter, get the family involved in squeezing it out into the doughnut pan. Bake, add toppings of choice. I use a simple cinnamon sugar topping. a pumpkin pie spiced glaze or Cream cheese glaze would work wonderfully as well. These Baked doughnuts taste like fried! Try them.
If you haven’t already, get my book (which is currently 46% off on amazon, and 30% in uk), pick up the bonus recipe bundle with new recipes + videos. Check out my Thanksgiving lists for Mains and Desserts that use easy everyday ingredients. Have a wonderful holiday!
More fall breakfast options
- 1 Bowl Pumpkin Bread SF
- Spiced Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Cinnamon sugar SF
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 bowl Banana Apple Bread SF
- Gingerbread Cake SF
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake. GF SF
- Broccolini White Bean Frittata. SF GF
- Lentil Frittata. GF SF
- Chickpea zuchhini friiters/pancakes SF GF
- Fluffy Chickpea flour Omelet. SF GF
- Sweet Potato Shakshuka GF
This elegant aging puffball has kept us on our toes this year. He is one smart bum and has opinions on many things. I am grateful that his cough has finally broken after 5 weeks and he is feeling his chirpy (and demanding) self again, loving long walks, waking us up early, expressing his opinion loud and clear. Keeping our fingers crossed that the cough and inflammation stay at bay. I am thankful for family, who supports us in so many ways whether some understand our choices or not. I am thankful to have this platform to share some fun creations, to have you all who visit, try them and leave wonderful notes. You are amazing!
If you haven’t already, check out this video of Cornelius the turkey. So much personality, so much attitude!, so many hugs. Please keep these intelligent birds off the table.
Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk such as almond or soy
- 1/3 cup (2.88 oz) pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 2 tbsp safflower or refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (1/2 to 1 tsp to flavor preference)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- a generous pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (93.75 g) unbleached all purpose flour + 1 to 2 tbsp more as needed
- 2 tbsp almond flour or use 1 tbsp more flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp cane sugar or granulated sugar
- Grease the donut pan. Warm the non dairy milk until hot. Mix with the rest of the ingredients except yeast and mix well until sugar is combined. Add the yeast and mix in.
- In a bowl, mix 3/4 cup flour and rest of the dry ingredients. Add the flour mix to the wet and mix in. Add a tbsp or so more flour if needed (if the mix is runny). Let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon into greased donut pan. You can also fill up a ziplock, cut one end and squeeze the batter into the pan. Let the pan sit for another 10 minutes for the batter to rise, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan.
- Add cinnamon and sugar to a small ziplock bag and mix. Take the warm donuts, add to the ziplock, shake. Remove from the ziplock and serve. You can also use a bowl to make the cinnamon sugar topping, and dip the donuts in the bowl to coat. The warm donuts are moist enough so the topping should stick. If you'd like more topping, brush oil on the donuts before dipping.
I made a double batch as donut holes. This was my first experience making donuts. I was pretty happy! Followed the recipe as described but used maple sugar in the recipe. I was hoping for more maple-y flavor but I really can’t taste it.
Vegan Richa Support
Maple sugar is a great idea!
I substituted the oil with apple sauce and they turned out delicious.
These are an OMG recipe. First time I have made baked donuts with dry yeast. They are light and fluffy and tender. I will make these often during pumpkin season and beyond. LOL
Vegan Richa Support
Can you substitute and oil and yeast in this recipe when also doing gf?
Nope. Glutenfree already will dry out a bit and need the extra moisture. You can do away witb yeast, but keep the oil and definitely add an icing
Amazing!! I omitted the oil and they were delicious! Everybody in the house loved them. The texture was perfect, surprinsingly light and moist. And so easy… I’ll make them again for sure. Thanks for another incredible recipe!