Baked Vietnamese fries. Baked Potato strips, loads of cilantro and basil, bean sprouts, nuts in sweet chile sauce, sriracha and vegan mayo! Banh mi Sandwich in fries form. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Pin this post.
Because what’s not to like in loaded Baked fries with sweet, sour, spicy, nutty, creamy flavors all in one! These Vietnamese inspired fries are topped with fresh cilantro, basil, scallions, bean sprouts, sweet spicy sauce, some cashew cream and toasty nuts. Use russet potatoes to make regular fries or sweet potatoes for Sweet potato fries.
Prep the sauces and toppings. Bake the fries, layer as you wish and serve. You can also add some crisped up tofu and toss it in the sweet sauce. Fill everything into wraps.
More Fries and Snacks from the blog
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with vegan Chipotle Ranch
- Baked Garlic Fries with Garlic Tahini Sauce.
- Cucumber Turmeric hummus sesame Mint bites.
- Spicy Pepper Crisp Cauliflower bites with celery ranch
- Mango Sriracha Cauliflower Bites
Bake the fries. Layer them, then add cilantro and basil.
Layer the sprouts and roasted nuts with sweet chili sauce.
Add more cilantro, sriracha and vegan mayo or cashew cream. You can also add some pickled carrots or cucumbers. Serve!
Baked Vietnamese fries
- 1 large russet potato chopped into matchsticks and baked with salt and pepper (or use sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup or more Roasted chopped peanuts or cashews pieces
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped basil optional or use mint
- Chopped scallions
- Mung bean sprouts
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Vegan mayo thinned with water if needed or cashew cream (add salt, sugar, lemon juice to taste)
For the sweet chili sauce
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek or asian chile sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp or more water
- Bake the fries according to these instructions. Use Baked Sweet Potato Fries for Baked Russet Potato Fries
- Roast the nuts on a pan over medium low heat until golden (if using unroasted).
- Mix all the ingredients under sweet chili sauce and bring to boil to thicken.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of nuts for garnish, and mix the rest with half the sauce.
- Arrange the fries on a platter. Sprinkle salt, pepper to taste. Layer cilantro and basil.
- Add a layer of bean sprouts. Add the sauced roasted nuts.
- Drizzle sriracha, vegan mayo and more of the sweet chili sauce. Add chopped scallions, reserved nuts and more cilantro. Serve warm.
I see that there’s an embedded file. It says bake the fries following these instructions, but those instructions aren’t there.
Url error in the recipe. Fixed it. Use these for fries https://www.veganricha.com/baked-fries-with-garlic-sauce/#wprm-recipe-container-26630
Is there a substitute for rice vinegar ?
Vegan Richa Support
you could use white wine or apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar, lemon/lime juice or even sherry or champagne vinegar – If not any of these you could simply substitute more white vinegar definitely going with 3 T sugar
Was delicious… thanks … it could easily become a Family Tradition
I have made this twice now and as a past poutine lover…. I call this my Vietnamese Poutine…. it is absolutely fantastic!!!! And so easy to whip up in a flash ❤️❤️❤️
ooo vietnamese poutine sounds perfect
I am looking forward to making this recipe for a dinner party.
I am from India and I was wondering what is Asian Chili Sauce. Basically, I can’t get Sambhal Oelek here and don’t know what to substitute it with exactly.
Please tell me its alternative. It would be of tremendous help.
you can use the regular chili garlic sauce or a hot and sweet sauce instead.
Any chance you can add nutritional value to your recipes?
Maybe in the future when I can hire someone to do the calculation. or someone volunteers 🙂 .
This looks delicious ! Where do you buy bean sprouts? I am from Seattle too, and can not find them in any stores.
I get them from whole foods or uwajimaya.
Looks delicious but please don’t call this exclusively Vietnamese. Sweet chili sauce makes it Thai.
Look delicious. I will make the recipe to my family. Thank for sharing.
Made these and they are delicious! What could I pair these with for a small dinner party?
One of the asian inspired mains like peanut sauce with lentils or chickpeas or tofu, sweet and sour chickpeas etc. https://www.veganricha.com/2016/06/vegan-dinner-recipes.html
My mother also used to make Vietnamese-style fries! She got this recipe from my grandmother, and I never failed to eat three whole batches of her fries every time! I love the way you topped everything, though! This is awesome!
Interesting mix! Would never have thought of this 😀
I made these and they are SO good. They have this flavor that I’ve never tasted before!
These fries look amazing! Your recipes are deliciously inspiring!
I cannot wait to try this. It’s sure to be another Vegan Richa hit at my house!
Sarah | Well and Full
These fries look like they’ve got it all! That sweet chili sauce sounds especially delicious 🙂
This looks great, I have never seen this dish before and I love food with lots of different flavours and textures going on. Will definately be giving this a try over the weekend.
Richa, this looks like something I can make a meal out of! Thanks for another enticing recipe!
I had this as dinner one night. It is quite filling 🙂