Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Vegan Chipotle Ranch. Easy Crisp Spiced Sweet Potato Fries served with dairy free ranch. So addictive. Vegan Appetizer Recipe Glutenfree Soyfree
If someone served me a sweet potato mash 6 -7 years ago, I would not have eaten it. I was a much much pickier eater back then. I would eat it now only if it was amply spiced or carry my own spices and herbs around to add to it if served. But Sweet potato fries are a different thing. Crispy caramelized and so good! Fried or baked, it is about the right amount of caramelization. Hence, these amazing baked fries today.
Oh and get a really good knife or some muscle power to slice those sweet potatoes into nice even and thin sticks. On another note I know what I am doing this spring, painting some new boards for background!
Serve these with the vegan chipotle ranch or plain ranch or with this Garlic Tahini dressing. Sweet potato fries are softer than regular fries, but they hold up great if thinly sliced and baked till they get brown edges. What’s your favorite way to serve Sweet potatoes.
More Apps from the blog
- Baked Garlic Fries with Garlic Tahini Sauce.
- Cucumber Turmeric hummus sesame Mint bites.
- Spicy Pepper Crisp Cauliflower bites with celery ranch
- 40 more options in this Superbowl Appetizer Collection.
I am currently listening to this Fitoor jukebox while cooking. Esp the first and last songs. The songs rock, the movie however didn’t do well. I am big bollywood buff 🙂
Chop and toss the sweet potatoes in starch. Then toss in spices and herbs and bake.
Toss the baked fries in pepper and nooch. Serve while still hot with dip.
- 2 medium to large Sweet Potatoes peeled and thinly sliced into thin sticks
- 1 tbsp starch such as arrowroot cornstarch or use any flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp powdered nutritional yeast optional
- more salt for seasoning as needed
- black pepper as needed
- 1/2 cup ground cashew or soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup or more almond milk
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast can be omitted
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp ranch seasoning (see notes) equal amounts of dried parsley, dill, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- paprika to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes.
- Place in a very large bowl or zip lock. Add the starch, cover the bowl with a plate and dance away. Or shake the ziplock or use spoons to mix..
- Once the sweet potatoes are evenly coated, add oil, herbs and spices through salt and mix well.
- Spread the sweet potato sticks evenly in one layer on 1 or 2 baking sheets.
Bake at 425 degrees F / 220ºc for 18 to 22 minutes. the sweet potatoes should be cooked through and start to get brown edges and spots. Broil for half to 1 minute to brown. Let the fries sit for 2 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a serving bowl or plate. Season with salt, black pepper and powdered nutritional yeast and serve while still warm hot. the fries get softer when they cool.
- Serve with chipotle ranch, plain ranch or dip of choice or ketchup.
- Blend everything, taste and adjust salt, spice and ranch seasoning.
- Or mix some chipotle pepper powder in vegan mayo of choice for chipotle mayo dip. Add ranch seasoning if needed.