These Spicy Baked Cauliflower Bites are easy, crusted with breadcrumbs, spicy sauce and addictive. Serve with celery ranch sauce below or other vegan ranch. vegan soy-free.
Baked Cauliflower is always in season. Crusted with just salt and pepper, some spices, or battered and crisped up with breadcrumbs. These super spicy breaded cauliflower bites will be on fire at your superbowl party. literally on fire in your mouth too!
Hot sauce + black pepper + cayenne. All the heat you need! Taste the batter before using. If you don’t need a jug of cold water after tasting, you are good to go. Add more flour + water if too spicy.
Serve with a cooling dip like the celery ranch on this post.
Use gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes for the crunchy coating to make gluten-free.
2 more days to Game day! Go Seahawks!
More super bowl apps from the blog
You can also make Spicy Potato wedges with it. Use sliced russet potatoes instead of cauliflower.
Spicy Baked Cauliflower Bites with Celery Ranch
For the batter:
- 2 to 3 Tbsp (2 to 3 tbsp) hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp evoo
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne/ red chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 to 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) salt
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup (41.67 g) flour
- 1/2 cup (113 ml) coconut milk canned, preferably full fat
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 3.5 to 4 cups (1160 to 1300 g) cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup (81 g) bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cayenne
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
Celery Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (118.29 g) ground cashew
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (125 to 200 ml) almond milk
- 2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2/3 tsp (0.67 tsp) salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast can be omitted
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder or 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 tsp ranch seasoning Or use equal amounts of dried parsley, dill, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 1 to 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp (1/2 to 1 tsp) celery seeds (omit to make plain ranch, add some fresh dill for plain ranch)
Make the Cauliflower bites:
- In a bowl, mix everything except cauliflower for the batter. if the batter is too thin, add more flour or starch.
- In another shallow bowl, mix everything under breadcrumb coating.
- Dip cauliflower in the batter, then coat in breadcrumbs and place on parchment lined sheet.(use gloves or a fork. the batter is spicy)
- Drizzle any remaining batter on the cauliflower. Spray oil.
- Bake at pre-heated 425 degrees F / 220ºc for 25 minutes or until a toothpick goes through the cauliflower easily. Serve warm with dip.
Make the Celery Ranch dip:
- Blend everything except celery seeds. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add celery seeds and blend for a few seconds. Chill and serve.