Beet, Oats, Garbanzo Bean/Chickpea Burger Sliders served topped with tomatoes, basil or baby greens between multigrain olive oil buns. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Beet, Oats, Grabanzo Bean/Chickepea Burger Sliders
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium beet (peeled and grated/shredded)
- 1/2 cup (82 g) garbanzo beans/chickpeas (washed and drained if canned, cooked till soft after soaking overnight, if dry beans)
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium potato boiled (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup (40.5 g) oats (coarsely crushed/blended)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon thick tomato paste or pureed roasted tomato.
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) chili powder/chili flakes/black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) chole/chana masala powder (See Notes or garam masala or spice mix(cajun or Mediterranean) of choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a bowl, add grated beet, mashed garbanzo beans, mashed potato. Mix and mash well.
- Add in the salt, olive oil, tomato paste and spices. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- The mixture will get a little damp because of the salt and spices. Add half of the ground oats and mix well.
- Add more oats if needed to get the mixture to a dry enough state to make flat balls/ patties.
- Press the patties on the remaining oats on a plate, to stick the coarse oatmeal on both sides.
- Place patties on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F, for 15-20 minutes or until the patties start to feel crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce, or top some greens or in sliders, or cool on rack and store in refrigerator for 2-3 days! Have a fun meatless Tuesday!
- Notes: Chana/Chole Masala Powder Recipe: Dry roast and grind a teaspoon each of dry pomegranate seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, with 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon powder,black peppercorns and 1 dry red chili. Or you can buy it from any Indian Spice store!.
- You can make these mini cutlets into bigger patty for a burger as well. Just bake for 7-10 minutes longer. You can also add leftover bean curries like Chole (garbanzo bean curry or black eye pea curry) to the patty. Top these with favorite greens, slaw, sauces, herbs and anything and everything:)!!
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving