My Red Beet, Pear, Minneola orange and Apple Smoothie is another way to use up the Seasonal fruits and veggies. A pretty colored smoothie. Lightly cooked and spiced! and as hubbs points out.. a gorgeous color for a love potion!Jump to Recipe
Red Beet, Pear, Minneola orange and Apple Smoothie
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 1/2 (0.5) medium red Beet peeled and chopped
- 1 Pear chopped
- 1 Apple chopped
- juice of 1 Orange
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw Sugar or agave
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon cilantro or any herb of choice
- In a pressure cooker or deep pan, add water, red Beet, Apple and orange juice
- Add salt, rock salt, black pepper, Sugar, chopped fresh mint
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle or cook covered for 10-15 minutes on low-medium heat until most fruit is tender.
- Cool and blend to a puree. Taste and adjust water consistency, salt, sugar. Garnish with black pepper, cumin powder or dried herbs. drink! Of course, you can spike it with your favorite liquor in the evening.
This documentary film tells the stories of abandoned and trafficked girls, of women who suffer extreme dowry-related violence, of brave mothers fighting to save their daughters’ lives, and of other mothers who would kill for a son.
Learn more about the film at www.itsagirlmovie.com