Carrot Almond Cake, Muffins and Carrot Halwa. Delicious as snacks or breakfast and so easy to make. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
2 in 1 post! Carrot almond cake and muffins and Carrot halwa (Fudgy Indian sweet) which is glutenfree! The cake and muffins are not glutenfree.
Pictured below are the baby cakes.
Carrot Almond Cake Muffins and carrot Halwa. Vegan.
For the cakes (2, 4 inch ramekins)
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) self rising flour
- 2 Tbsps whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsps almonds
- 2 Tbsp oats
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 10 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 7 Tbsps raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cardamom powder (substitute with fave spice if you don't like cardamom)
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) pumpkin spice
- pinch of nutmeg
For the 3 dozen mini muffins
- 1.75 cups (218.75 g) self rising flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup (27 g) oats
- 1/3 cup (1.68 oz) almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Organic canola oil
- 2 cups (256 g) baby carrots or chopped carrots.
- 1 cup (2.75 l) 1 cup water (roughly)
- 1 cup (200 g) raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cinnamon powder
- 1.5 teaspoon vinegar
- raisins and cranberries
- Grind the almonds and keep aside or use almond flour. Grind oats with baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Blend the carrots into a coarse puree with a little water(depends on your blender. I used about half a cup for 2 cups carrots). or grate then into thin fine strips. I pureed the carrots for both cake and muffins.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil, melt and spread to cover the pan.
- Add in carrot puree, spices, Almond meal and sugar and mix well. Add in the raisins to the mixture at this point( I added 1/2 cup raisins for the muffins)
- Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the puree thicken a bit(depends in the quantity of the puree and water content).
- Take mixture off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in vinegar, about 1/3 cup cold water for the cakes and 1/2 cup for the muffins, and canola oil and mix well. The mixture should be a runny sauce. (Add double the water if you grated the carrots and you cooked carrots are almost dry)
- Add in the flours and ground Oats and mix until just about combined. Drop mixture in mini muffin liners in muffin pan Or greased cake pan. Smooth the top and top the muffins with cranberries(pictured), raisins or jam.
- Bake at preheated 360 degrees F for 18-20 minutes for the mini muffins and 35-40 minutes for the cake pans or until the toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Carrot Halwa: (glutenfree)
- For Carrot Halwa: Follow steps 1-4 from the cake directions above, with half the amount of sugar. (2 cups carrots, 1/3 cup freshly ground almond meal, 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, 2 Tbsps coconut oil and 1/2 cup raw sugar.)
- Keep cooking the carrot mixture on low heat stirring occasionally till it starts to leave the edges. About 45 minutes if using grated carrots, and an hour if carrots were pureed.
- Add some raisins and cashew pieces after 15 minutes of cooking and continue.
- Serve warm or cold or any way:). We usually serve it warm as dessert right after a meal.