Are you ready for this 5 minute – Easy Homemade Salsa. This fresh tomato salsa is super quick to make in a blender or a food processor and is always a hit at the party. Vegan, Glutenfree, Soyfree, Nutfree recipe. Jump to Recipe
What do I write about Salsa, that has not been said before. It is one the easiest, most versatile thing, goes with everything dip. I whip it up on a whim and we always have savory snacks or chips. Or add to a tacos, wraps, nachos or a bowl with spiced up beans or veggies. I think everyone can use more. How do you like yours?
Just 7 ingredients.. Tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro(omit if you dont like it), garlic, cumin, black pepper. Try my version of salsa. Refreshing and so Delicious.
More Dips from the blog
- Jalapeno Popper Dip.
- Firecracker Chickpea Salad with Thai peanut dressing GF So filling
- Thai PB sauce and Sprouts Dip. GF
- Elote dip – mexican black bean and corn salad.
- Pizza Dip with cashew Mozzarella.
Easy Homemade Salsa - Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes or 3 ripe medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 (0.5) jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove or use 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (8 g) cilantro
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt less or more depending on salt content of the diced tomato
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) ground cumin
- generous dash of black pepper
- juice of 1/2 or 1 lime
- Optional add ins: dash of cayenne, chili blend, or chipotle pepper, 1/4 tsp sugar or sweetener
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times (less or more depending on preferred texture).
- Taste and adust, salt and flavor and mix in. Add some sweetener if needed
- Transfer to a bowl. Chill for atleast 15 mins to help the flavors meld. Garnish with cilantro, chopped jalapeno, pepper flakes. Serve with warm tortilla chips. Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 5 days.
Nice 5 minute recipe! Turned out perfect
Hmm … mine doesn’t look like this at all. Followed the recipe to a T and my salsa looks pink and slightly foamy … it tastes fine but it certainly doesn’t look like salsa to me.
needed riper tomatoes. The foam is prob just the blender or processor adding air
It was really delicious. The original recipe was a tad high on sodium so I reduced the amount.
Vegan Richa Support
thank you Chandra
I just made this, so tasty! Thanks
But it wasn’t as bright red as in your picture.
Does cumin make it brownish?
Vegan Richa Support
great, thanks. well, it’s only 1/4 tsp so it shouldn’t make it brownish. I use a professional camera that makes colours really pop out naturally!
a newbie cook
Hi, i’m gonna try this salsa recipe tomorrow it looks really good, one question though – I like it spicy, could I triple the amount of jalapeno without spoiling something? Thanks in advance
Sarah | Well and Full
This looks so great, Richa! I love salsa and have had it with chips for dinner before lol!!
OMG! This is the best tasting quick raw salsa and this comes from someone who grew up in a latin home eating salsa since childhood! Thank you 🙂
yay thank you!
OMG! Looks so yummy!! Will have to try when Steven’s parents come into town!! Thanks for the share. 😀
This turned out great! I love that even though I used canned tomatoes the end product tastes like everything was fresh. Thanks for such a quick, easy salsa recipe!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
You have some great dip recipes here. I would be honored if you shared them at our recipe party – What’s for Dinner.