Vegan Gingerbread spiced Chocolate Nut butter truffles.
For the Truffles:
- 4 Tbsps roasted cashew butter I used store bought or use peanut butter or other nut butter of choice
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar powdered optional, for a sweeter truffle
- 1-2 Tbsp (1 Tbsp) coconut milk or non dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) each of ground cinnamon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) nutmeg powder
- 1/2 cup (90 g) + semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar powdered mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp ground cloves for coating
- In a pan, add cashew butter, agave, sugar, 1 tbsp non dairy milk and sugar and start heat on low.
- Keep mixing till the butter, agave and sugar are well combined and flowy.3-5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and keep mixing to melt. Take off heat and mix well. If the mixture feels too stiff, add a Tablespoon or more, of coconut milk or coconut creamer, and combine very well.(Or add a bit of Rum!)
- Taste carefully (the mixture will be hot) and adjust spices and sugar and mix. let cool for a few minutes.
- Make balls when mixture is warm and not completely cooled, and roll them in the sugar spice mix. Use less or more spice per preference. You can also coat them in melted chocolate with ginger bread spices mixed in the chocolate, and top with thin candied ginger strips.
- Store in a cool place and eat within 3 days. These can also be refrigerated or frozen.