These no bake chocolate bars are sure to satisfy a sweet tooth. Zesty, vegan and gluten free!Jump to Recipe
I have these bunch of amazing almond milk ice creams sitting to be eaten.. And if you know anything about Seattle, you know that is has been crazy cold and random snow since the past 2 weeks! Can you blame me for not touching them ice creams. So I decided to use some of those up in other ways, like making a melted ice cream cake. I looked at the Almond Mocha fudge and cherry amaretto and picked the Almond mocha that day.
No Bake Chocolate Almond Zesty snack bars, 2 ways. vegan glutenfree
- 1/4 cup (43.75 g) chocolate chips, chopped bar, dark. I use enjoy life semi sweet or whole foods vegan
- 2-3 Tablespoons (2 Tablespoons) raw sugar or other sweetener depends on sweetness of the chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut milk or non dairy milk/creamer I used SoDelicious plain coconut milk,
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coarsely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (21 g) + 1/4 cup coarsely crushed rice krispies
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- a generous pinch of spices of choice I am currently on a ginger and clove binge
- a generous pinch of salt
- Keep all the dry ingredients ready, mix 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup rice krispies, spices, salt and zest and keep aside. Keep additional 1/4 cup crushed rice krispies in a bowl too
- In a pan, add the coconut milk, agave and sugar/sweetener and coconut oil.
- Heat on low and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate and mix continuously for a few seconds and switch off heat.
- Keep stirring till all of it is melted into a nice flowy glaze.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Add more krispies if needed to make a stiff doughy mix.
- Oil hands and pat this mix down on parchment into thickness desired. I made a 1/2 inch thick, 8 by 8 inch somewhat square.
- Refrigerate for an hour, cut, eat!
For the Cake version:
- Crumble up the cake into fine crumbs (Used a little more than 1 cup crumbs) instead of the dry ingredients. If the cake is already sweet enough, skip the sugar in the melted chocolate mix. Add dry to wet, spread, cool, cut, eat.