You read it right, 2 chocolate cakes, ready in 1 minute! Which is your favorite?Jump to Recipe
This is Chocolate blog hop month! Link up any chocolate recipe from the month of February below. I have been eyeing ChocCoveredKatie’s version of the 1 minute chocolate cake for ages now. And finally I put my own spin to it. I also reduced the quantity to make it a chocolate cake for 1.. me:).. portion control! The cake is vegan, glutenfree, made with Oats and almond flour.. pretty nutritious if you discount the sugar:). You can use any other nut flour, or use you gf blend or wheat or all purpose flour as well. Add the wet ingredients a teaspoon at a time to get the right consistency if you change up the dry flours.
2 Chocolate Cakes, ready in 1 minute
- 1 Tablespoon gf Oats ground
- 1 Tablespoon Almond ground
- 1.5 teaspoon cocoa powder. a half tsp more if you like it dark
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar ground(raw sugar is sweeter than white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil and a few drops for greasing
- Spices of choice I used a pinch of cloves, and ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons SoDelicious plain coconut yogurt. or any non dairy yogurt, you might need a smidgen less or more depending on the consistency of the yogurt
For Hazelnut Orange:
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) orange marmalade
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) hazelnut creamer. I used SoDelicious Hazelnut creamer or Make your own thick nut milk and use it.
- Or You can use Hazelnut flour instead of Almond flour and non dairy yogurt.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients very well. I used freshly ground oats and almonds.
- Mix the oil and yogurt (or oil, marmalade and creamer)and whisk to remove lumps, add this to the dry ingredients and mix till well combined and like a muffin batter. If it is too dry, add a drop or 2 of yogurt or creamer. Try to not make the batter too wet.
- Grease a ramekin well if you want to remove the cake and serve.
- Drop this batter into a tiny ramekin or small thick ceramic espresso cup.
- Microwave on high power for 40-50 seconds.(depends on the size of the ramekin. deep and tall will need more time)
- Let it cool completely before trying to remove from ramekin. or cool for 5 minutes before digging in.