Pear Quinoa Chai spice Bread loaf, is a mildly sweet yeast bread with a hint of chai spice. There is cooked quinoa in every slice, this makes for an amazing breakfast addition as is, or as a french toast. (The quickest french toast.. make thin pancake batter, add spices, dip, and pan fry)
Sometimes I think too much about what I should and should not post.. Like this bread, since I keep making similar breads pretty much every week, and the Everything Oatmeal cookie yesterday. There is something a bit new though about every recipe.. so here goes. This bread has Pear puree for moist softness, a good load of quinoa, and chai spice for a hint of magical taste in each slice and some bread flour to get it all together.
You can use stevia or artificial sweeteners in this bread since it has some natural sugar from the fruit. For proofing the yeast(step 1), add a teaspoon of flour instead of sugar and let it get frothy. Then add sweetener equivalent to 2 Tablespoons raw sugar.
For more breads, check out my Vegan Yeast breads see here, Sandwich loafs, multigrain breads and rolls and more.
For gluten-free yeast breads, dinner rolls, flatbreads, See the GF yeast breads album here.
I picked 2 random non profits/rescues from the 6 commenters who had left the rescue names. and the 2 Giveways go to number 5 and number 3,
Krishna’s comment for VSPCA
and VeggieGail’s for Lane county animal shelter!
Thank you all. And Wish you a Happy Valentines day!
If you havent made anything yet, you should whip up some Chocolate cake for 1, put a large block of dark chocolate in the center of the batter and voila, you get a molten lava cake! Top it with some fresh strawberries and cream.
Pear Quinoa Chai spice Bread loaf
A mildly sweet yeast bread with a hint of chai spice. There is cooked quinoa in every slice, this makes for an amazing breakfast addition as is, or as a french toast. Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, nut.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1/4 cup (42.5 g) quinoa uncooked
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1.5 teaspoon active yeast
- 3/4 (0.75) medium pear chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) bread flour
- 2/3 teaspoon (0.67 teaspoon) salt
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) chai spice My chai spice blend recipe here
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) ginger powder
- In a large bowl, add 2 Tablespoons warm water, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Mix well and wait to get frothy(8-10 minutes)
- Cook the Quinoa in 3/4 cup water, covered on low for 15 minutes or until tender. Or use scant 1 cup cooked quinoa.
- Let the quinoa cool a little, then blend cooked quinoa, pear, spices, salt and rest of the sugar.
- Add whole wheat flour, bread flour and this puree to the yeast mix and knead for 5-7 minutes. Add more bread flour or water if needed to get a soft dough. The dough might be slightly sticky.
- Let dough sit in a well greased container, covered in a warm place until doubled(1.5 hours)
- Take dough out and using a little bread flour, shape into a loaf or a jelly roll.
- Place loaf or roll with seam side down in a greased or parchment lined regular size bread pan.
- Spritz top with water and then with a little oil.
- Cover with towel and let sit until doubled. (45 minutes)
- Bake at 365 degrees F for 35-40 minutes until golden and a tap on the top sounds hollow.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Nutritional values are based on one slice
Pear Quinoa Chai spice Bread loaf
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Vitamin C 0.7mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.