Easy Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe. I use ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Sometimes I add a in a bit of mace and all spice for variation or for a festive spice blend. This recipe is very flexible. Adjust the amounts as you prefer. If you like it cinnamony, add more cinnamon, add more or less ginger and so on. Use it in Pumpkin Spice muffins, Latte, Pumpkin Caramel, Shortbread cookies, fall breakfast Loafs and more.
Generally I eyeball and add the spices if I don’t have a premade mix. When I do make a mix, I make a smaller quantity to use up within the month. Freshly ground nutmeg adds a deeper flavor profile.
More Spice blends from the blog
- Shawarma Spice Blend. Use it with chickpeas, cauliflower or anything.
- Chana Masala spice blend. This blend is used to make Chana Masala-Chickpea curry
- Garam Masala – Whole and quick version
- Doritos spice Blend – use it on tortilla chips, pasta, chickpeas and more!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 to 1 tsp) ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 tsp (0.5 tsp) freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (1/4 t 1/2 tsp) allspice
- Other optional additions:
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp mace or 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Mix all the spices and store in an airtight container. you can also use a spice grinder or blender to mix them in.
Hey, does ground ginger mean, dry ginger powder (soonth)? This recipe sounds like it will smell divine.
yes dry ginger powder – soonth. it does smell and taste fabulous in drinks, baking etc.
Thank you Richa! I love everything pumpkin spice!
Sorry, Richa, my first post was on my mobile, apparently it tried to auto-correct your name 🙂 My apologies and no disrespect intended.
no problem! 🙂 I will edit it.