These roasted sprouted chickpeas are perfect for a healthy snack. Flavored with turmeric and chilli for a spicy kick. A vegan and gluten free recipe Jump to Recipe
Omg… the only thing I can really watch is some straight lined event and one of the faves is swimming of course. Lochte really deserves his wins this year, but I was still rooting for Phelps. He just has that thing about him. I already knew the result and when I saw the delayed telecast, I still watched with bated breath. wow. Hows your Olympics weekend coming along.
Turmeric Roasted Sprouted Chickpeas
- 1.5 cups (8.68 oz) sprouted chickpeas 1/2 heaping cup dry
- 2-3 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) organic canola or virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) red chili powder or black pepper or cayenne to taste
- salt to taste 1/2 teaspoon
- To Sprout chickpeas. Soak dry white chickpeas overnight in 3 times the amount of water.
- Drain, rinse and let sit damp for a day covered with a damp towel or light lid. Rinse every 6-8 hours. See Leanne's sprouting guide here.
- Rinse the sprouted chickpeas and pat dry. Or use canned/cooked chickpeas, pat dry.
- In a bowl, add the chickpeas, add the turmeric, chili, salt and mix. Add oil and mix to distribute.
- Spread the chickpeas on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated 325 degrees F for 35-45 minutes.
- Turn the sheet at 25 minutes. Check after 35 minutes for doneness.
- Take baking sheet out when almost done, since the chickpeas will continue to harden and dry once out. Err on the side of some underbaked, to avoid baking them into stones.
- Cool for a few minutes, Eat!