What’s better than some Chocolate to start the day! These soft and berrylicious rolls are filled with chocolate chips and drizzled with a Chocolate glaze! Serve them warm as is, or with the chocolate glaze and with some fresh berries.
I decided that I had to make some Cinnamon Rolls for Angela’s Bed in Breakfast guest series. Warm rolls with a glaze are perfect in this freezing weather. It also helps to start up the oven in the morning :). These rolls can be baked in the morning or baked a day before and served warm. I love adding fruit to my bread. The pureed strawberries in the dough keeps the breads extra moist and you need less sugar and glaze to eat these up. Use any berries that you like!
To make these gluten-free see my GF Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls recipe.
Make these Cinnamon rolls this holiday season!
More Breakfast rolls from the blog.
Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls with Lime coconut glaze.
Cinnamon Rolls with Maple coffee glaze
Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls with Pumpkin caramel glaze. GF , yeast-free
Get the Step by Step Pictures and Recipe at Canned Time here. or below
Make the dough, roll it out. Sprinkle cinnamon, chocolate chips and sugar. Roll it up, slice and place in parchment lined pan.
Bake until golden.
Prepare the chocolate glaze, drizzle generously over the cinnamon rolls.
Strawberry Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1 tsp sugar or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp active yeast
- 1 cup (144 g) ripe strawberries fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk like almond or coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar or other sweetener
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cup (281.25 g) flour I use unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) oat flour
- 2/3 tsp (0.67 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp oil or melted vegan butter or oil spray
- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (90 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp or more sugar
- 1/4 cup (61 ml) non dairy milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (60 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine water, 1 tsp sugar and yeast. Let it sit for 2 minutes or until frothy.
- Blend the strawberries with non dairy milk, vanilla and sugar until smooth and keep aside. (warm this mixture to room temperature if the strawberries were frozen)
- In a bowl, add flours, salt, baking powder and whisk well. Add the yeast mixture, strawberry puree and oil. Mix and knead into a soft, somewhat sticky dough.
- Use flour to roll the dough out into a 10 by 16 inch rectangle.
- Brush vegan butter or oil. Sprinkle cinnamon, distribute the chocolate chips. Sprinkle sugar if you like the filling sticky sweet.
- Roll up the rectangle into a jelly roll and seal the edges. Slice into 1 inch slices. Place in 8 by 8 square pan.
- Spray water on top. Then spray oil. cover with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F / 190ºc. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden on top. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the pan. Lightly cover with a towel to cool for another 5-10 minutes, then glaze and serve.
- Heat the almond milk to just about boiling. Add chocolate chips and vanilla., Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls before serving.
Note: To make ahead: Shape the rolls and place in the pan. Then cover with parchment and refrigerate until ready to bake. Let the rolls come to room temperature (30 to 45 minutes) before baking.
Or bake the rolls and refrigerate. Warm in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Nutritional values based on one serving of four
Can I use frozen plums instead of strawberries?
Vegan Richa Support
Go for it!! that would actually work well because of a similar moisture content in them,
I’m trying this out now… In mixture directions it says add yeast mixture strawberry purée and “oil”… But I don’t see how much oil? I only see oil referenced for coating pan unless I’m missing gsomething?
its 1 to 2 tbsp. i’ll add it to the recipe.
This looks so delicious! Thank you very much for creating and sharing the recipe.
Tri Shakti (group of three friends)
Wow,the cinnamon rolls look wonderful & yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These sound awesome Richa! And they look so delicious as well! Yummm!
Mmm those sound incredible! Such a decadent vegan breakfast 😀