Vegan Tiramisu Pancakes. Coffee Chocolate Pancakes with maple liquor drizzle and cashew cream mascarpone. Vegan Pancake Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Holiday theme continues! So what part of the day do you think you will serve these pancakes.. early morning, or late evening with a good helping of liqueur… or all day, bottomless, on demand 🙂
If you let these soak in the maple, coffee and liquor combination and chill for half an hour, these can pretty much be almost the real boozy dessert!
I think I can eat these for dinner!.. They are multigrain, you got your nut protein, some cocoa, and coffee to keep you awake and going for the late night partay! To make these glutenfree, use your fave glutenfree pancake mix.
If using only regular flour instead of pancake mix, then add 1 flax egg(1 scant Tbsp flax meal mixed in 2 Tbsp warm water) and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder per half cup flour)
Vegan Tiramisu Pancakes
Coffee Chocolate Pancakes with maple liquor drizzle and cashew cream mascarpone. Vegan Pancake Recipe.
Servings: 4 pancakes
- 3/4 cup (98.41 g) Bob's red mill organic 7 grain pancake mix already has flax or my multigrain pancake mix or my glutenfree pancake mix
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder more or less per preference
- 1 tsp scant instant coffee or equivalent brewed(change it around per preference, depends on how strong a coffee taste you like and how awake you want to be)
- 1 Tablespoon oil virgin coconut or organic canola
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (80-125 ml) water
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- oil or vegan butter to cook
- 1/2 cup (64.5 g) cashews soaked for atleast half an hour or overnight or nuke them a bit before creaming
- few Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) vinegar or 1 teaspoon lemon juice for the tang Vinegar is better
- 1 Tablespoon maple or raw sugar use sugar for whiter cream
- Mix Maple syrup and brewed coffee or coffee liqueur or rum or other liqueur to preference.
- Mix the wet ingredients and cocoa powder and coffee well. Add the rest pancake ingredients. Add more water if needed to get a thick pancake batter. dont over mix. Too thin and watery batter also will not rise well. Let batter sit(for 2 minutes) till you prepare the cashew mascarpone.
- Blend the cashews with water and vinegar till creamy. Add sugar or maple and blend again. Taste for tang and sweetness, adjust and keep. you can make thicker or thinner or more cream as needed.
- Cook the pancakes on well heated and greased thick bottom pan. 5-7 minutes per side depending on size. Since the multigrain batter is a bit thick, you might have to spread it with a spatula into shape.
- Mix some liqueur in the maple syrup for drizzling if serving with liqueur, or keep separate.
- To assemble, brush pancake with maple syrup or maple liqueur mix .(Or use rum extract mixed with maple). Top with cashew mascarpone, place another pancake and repeat.
- Dust some cocoa powder or Chocolate shavings on top. you can also saturate the bottom pancake with a bit more liqueur or maple + coffee per taste. Dig in!!
Nutritional values are based on one pancake
Vegan Tiramisu Pancakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Vitamin A 110IU2%
Vitamin C 0.7mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.