Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins with Cream Cheese & Pineapple. Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins! Soft, Moist, Delicious Pound Cake like Muffins. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Glutenfree option
Jump to Recipe
I don’t know why I had not tried Blueberries + pineapple. They go so well together! Tart, Sweet and summery. Folded into a moist muffin batter.
These muffins are 1 Bowl and simple. They are soft, moist and dense like pound cake if you use vegan cream cheese, which also adds a slight cheesecake like flavor. For variation, use non dairy yogurt or thick cashew cream instead of the vegan cream cheese.
Clearly I am loving the kite hill almond cream cheese, exhibit 1 and 2. The cream cheese in these muffins also prevents too much browning. I use small wild blueberries which are a perfect size for muffins. Add a frosting or icing of choice.
More Muffins and loafs from the blog
- 1 Bowl Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. GF option
- Turmeric Carrot Chia Muffins. Golden sunshine
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Tall and Moist Banana Muffins. GF
- Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins
Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins with Pineapple
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan cream cheese (I use kite hill almond plain) Or Use cashew cream or vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup (126.88 ml) + 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp oil or use more non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or use 2 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) vegan sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups (187.5 g) flour (I use a combination of unbleached all purpose and whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 1/2 cup (74 g) wild blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup (82.5 g) chopped pineapple or use 1/4 cup more berries
- Line a muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F(185 C). Blend the wet ingredients in a blender with 1/2 cup non dairy milk. Add to a bowl. Use 2 tbsp more dairy milk to rinse out the blender and add to the bowl. (or add all the wet ingredients to a bowl, mix with a spoon until smooth and well combined)
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, baking powder to a bowl, mix well. (You can add spices/flavors at this point like cinnamon, nutmeg or some lemon zest). Add to the wet.
- In the same dry bowl, add 1/2 cup flour, blueberries and pineapple and toss to coat. Add to the wet bowl and mix in. The batter should be thick and stiff. If it is too stiff, add a tbsp of non dairy milk and mix in.
- Drop the thick batter onto lined muffin pan. Bake at 365 degrees F for 22 to 25 mins. (To bake a loaf, bake for 40 to 50 mins)
- Cool completely and frost or glaze. I use this cashew vanilla frosting. A simple vanilla or lemon icing will work well too. Store on the counter for a few hours and refrigerate for upto 3 days. This muffin also does well with a cinnamon streusel topping. The muffin tastes more cheesecakey after sitting for a day.
This was so yummy, & my partner & I agreed the pineapple was such a delightful pop of flavor!
Do you have suggested changes for using yogurt? The mixture was quite thin with it- I ended up just dumping more of the gf flour mix in until it was closer to usual muffin batters, but it definitely never was “stiff,” & it did cook unevenly. Still turned out great; just wondering if you have any suggestions to improve more.
Flavors were fine but the dough was very dense and chewy
It will be dense as it’s a mix of cheesecake and muffin. It shouldn’t be chewy. Perhaps the brand of cream cheese? Some store brands get elasticky on heating up. Try non dairy yogurt
Can I substitute the yogurt for something else?
Just made this but into a loaf. Cooked for over an hour and it still came out very gummy on the inside and tasted undercooked and was very bland 🙁 bummer. Wouldn’t make again.
hmm that shouldnt happen. Did you change anything in the recipe? Maybe the baking powder was old? did it rise much?
No offense, but I meant to put one star. Nothing personal. I followed the recipe exactly and none of my ingredients were old. The only thing that was different was I used Trader Joe’s brand cream cheese but still, the load had very little flavor.
I dont know what happened. Many people have tried the recipe without issues. Maybe the trader joes version behaves differently or maybe the loaf needed longer bake time. Did it rise ?? If its gummy in the middle it is usually either that it didnt get baked enough or that more baking powder or new baking powder was needed for the leavening. If it did rise, then baking powder was ok. If it didnt rise much then it prob needed more baking powder. If you do try again i would bake a muffin with the batter to see if it is working out well. Sometimes some types of ingredients or measuring errors can introduce issues which are more likely to cause a loaf to fail rather than muffin. For more flavor, add more vanilla and sugar.
These are a real treat – I have gone for mixed berries as it’s all I have to hand. Can’t wait to eat. Thanks Richa!
I love making things with pineapple but never had a muffin with it. I can’t believe I have never thought of it what a great combo with blueberries ! Great idea!
I’ve just made these muffins…. for the second time! Yes, they are wonderful. Thank you so much, Richa, for this dynamite duo of flavors.
i know right. Both the fruits go so well together!
Made mini bundt cakes and they are delicious! One of my favorite vegan muffin recipes I’ve tried.
I made a double batch with yogurt and a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. Delicious. Thanks Richa.
Could I bake this as a loaf bread instead?
yes, bake for 45 to 50 mins
Richa, would frozen blueberries work okay in this? Been looking for a blueberry muffin recipe for hubby for ages! Currently on your gingerbread blender ones, as coconut and choc chip ones aren’t terribly practical in the heatwave we’ve been having here in London UK. Any tips on how best to work with frozen fruit?
yes i use frozen blueberries on most days so the recipes is works perfectly. ishould add that note
This looks delicious! Do you think Tofutti cream cheese would work?
it will work. Tofutti does add an aftertaste sometimes on baking, so maybe add more vanilla or other flavors