Easy Vegan Mango Ice Cream. This Creamy ice cream has vegan cream cheese, ripe mango and hint of vanilla. Delicious Mango Cheesecake Ice cream for Summer. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe.Jump to Recipe
Warm temps means loads of ice cream tubs in the freezer. There are so many new brands and varieties of vegan ice creams these days. Gone are the days when one would have to be satisfied with hard off putting vegan ice creams. There are even vegan only ice cream shops now in Seattle, that are thoroughly spoiling us with creamy fabulous ice creams.
Vegan Ice creams are pretty easy to fix up at home too. They come out really well if you have an ice cream maker. No icy crystals and all creamyness. You can also freeze this into popsicles or directly in a tub. Add some non dairy yogurt for Mango Lassi Ice Cream!
This Mango ice cream uses very ripe mango pulp, some vegan cream cheese for a milk cheesecake like flavor and creamyness, and some non dairy milk and a hint of vanilla. Blend, bring to a boil to thicken(also helps make the mango flavor stronger), freeze. Creamy, Dreamy, Delicious.
More Frozen treats from the blog
- Carrot Cake Ice cream
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Freezer Pie
- Peanut butter Chocolate Pops
- Strawberry Ice cream
- Snickerdoodle Pops
- Kulfi – Cashew Saffron Popsicles
Tips to make creamy vegan ice cream
- Use very ripe mangoes that are not sour at all.
- Use an ice cream maker for best results
- Use cashew milk or thick full fat coconut milk
- Heat the mixture to thicken and enhance the flavor before chilling
- Pour the the mix into popsicle molds for quick option
Vegan Mango Ice Cream with Cream Cheese
- 1 cup (165 g) ripe mango
- 6 oz vegan cream cheese I use kite hill almond plain
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) cashew milk or use soy milk or almond milk or full fat coconut milk
- 3 to 4 tbsp sugar depends on ripeness of the mango
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil optional
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- a pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon or cardamon
- Blend everything and add to a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. This will enhance the mango flavor. Cook for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Let it cool completely, then freeze in ice cream maker or popsicles or in a container.
- The ice cream mixture can be frozen directly in a container, use cashew milk for best results. Freeze only until just about frozen. Let it sit for a few mins then scoop.
For the Ice cream maker, chill completely and add to the ice cream maker to churn. When done churning, freeze for a few hours then scoop.
- Mix the sprinkle ingredients in a bowl. Press and mix to make crumbles. Add a few drops of oil if needed. Sprinkle on the ice cream before serving. The sprinkle is optional.