Pound cake slices from the neighboring coffee shop were often the to go snack or breakfast on the days I was in a hurry (when I was working a 9 to 5 job right out of school and not yet settled in). That seems like a lifetime ago. Seattle is quite a comfortable place as a vegan. There are generally enough options for everything. Pound cakes however have been rarely seen.
I decided to make my own this season. This Easy Marbled Pound Cake today to celebrate the week that is my Birthday! I added vegan cream cheese to this one and it makes each slice just the right dense and fudgy.
Vegan cream cheese brands might have soy in some form and some additives that can add other flavors tot he cake. You can add more vanilla or spices to mask it if needed or a frosting. To make this soy-free, use kite hill almond cream cheese or use my soy-free mini pound cake recipe. Make the pound cake plain or marbled.
Look at that gorgeous slice!
More cakes, quick breads from the blog
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Soy-free Mini Pound cake
- Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and Cake Mix In a Jar
- Vegan Gingerbread Cake
- Banana Apple Breakfast Loaf
- Yellow Cake Swiss Roll
Drop by Our Vegan journey and Frequently Asked Questions (Vegan FAQ) Page on the blog.
Make the cake batter. Divide into 2 bowls. Add cocoa to one of the bowls. Marble in parchment lined loaf.
Bake until a toothpick from the center comes out clean. Cool, slice, enjoy.
Vegan Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan cream cheese. or you can use silken tofu + 1 tsp lime juice or cashew cream
- 3/4 cup (183 ml) non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp thick cashew cream or coconut cream or non dairy yogurt I use non dairy yogurt
- 2/3 cup (133.33 g) sugar 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1 to 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups (250 g) flour I use 1 cup Spelt + 1 cup unbleached white(ap flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp (1.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
For chocolate layer:
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 2 to 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc.
- In a blender blend all the wet ingredients.
- In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients until well combined. Add the blended wet ingredients.
- Mix until well combined. The batter will be thick. Divide the batter into 2 bowls. in one bowl add cocoa powder plus 2 tbsp non dairy milk.mix in.
- Drop the plain batter into parchment lined loaf. Even it out. Then drop the chocolate batter and even it out.
- Bake at 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick from near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and let it sit on the cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve or store.
- Store covered on the counter for the day, or refrigerate in a airtight container for upto 4 days. Warm and serve.
La Cocinera Novata
I Richa, I loved this cake. It wasn’t too sweet because I used eritritol but the result was awesome. I love your cakes, all of them 🙂
Vegan Richa Support
all the cakes!!
Hie ,can we make this cake with whole wheat flour only ?
Vegan Richa Support
it will be too dense – you can use half the amount
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.
Vegan Richa Support
wow! thank YOU
I tried this recipe, it was easy and delicious.
Tried it today, made muffins instead of à loaf. Very tasty not too sweet . The Kids liked them as well (Even if we are new with vegan ). Thanks!
Thats amazing! you can add a bit of frosting on them for additional sweet. Or some chocolate chips in the batter.
Hello 🙂 for the chocolate layer, I will be using left over Easter chocolates so I guess I can omit the milk in that part of the recipe? Thank you for your amazing recipes 🙂
yes if you melt the chocolate and mix it in the batter then you can omit the milk.
Can i replace oil with apple sauce? And use all white flour instead of half spelt?
Is that yes to both questions? Will apple sauce effect the taste or texture?
yes to both. Applesauce might add some flavor. If you want to avoid that, use 3 tbsp more of the non dairy yogurt or cashew cream instead of oil.
I don’t have almond extract, and I really wanted to make this today. Will omitting it make a huge taste difference or do you recommend a substitute? Please advise. Thanks.
I made it without almond extract, and it tasted fine. ^_^
Can you use regular flour?
what do you mean by regular flour? I use half all purpose and half spelt or wheat flour in the recipe.
I don’t usually comment, but this recipe came out too well not too! I’ve recently had an intense craving for pound cake, marbled specifically, so when I got a baking itch tonight and came across your recipe, it seemed perfect. And it was. Seriously, it came out so perfectly that I almost couldn’t believe it. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!
Is there any way it can be made gluten free? I really want to try making it!
you can use a gluten-free flour blend that has gum like bob’s red mill 1 on 1 baking. Make half the recipe and bake it into muffins (20 to 25 minutes bake time), to see how the taste and texture work out with the gluten-free flour.
Happy Birthday to a fellow Libran! To many happy meals and infinite Blessings!
I made this tonight and it was great! I followed the recipe exactly and it’s the best vegan cake I’ve made – easy to put together, attractive and flavorful. Thanks for doing what you do!
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake
Mmm that cake looks divine! Sometimes a simple slice of pound cake is the best 🙂 Looks very fluffy and delicious!
indeed. it is just about the right fluffy and dense and moist!
Delicious looking cake!
Happy Birthday!!! =)
Beautiful looking cake! I will definitely make it.
Wishing you a wonderful birthday week!
Thank you Sue!
Happy birthday Richa! Love Mia xx
P.S. The cake looks good 🙂
Thank you Mia!